INITIATE'S TRIAL: Updates on Release

*Enters, chewing on an ex-Marak wraith*

Needs catsup. :D

As for notices, your first post to the thread should have been sufficient to it to display under "User CP" each time you log on, as long as there's been an update since you last visited, Sleo. But yes, you can have the Chrons send you notices, I believe. And Brian's surcharge is a pittance....;)

A month and a fortnight to October 27th, 2011. My mother's birthday, and coincidentally the publication "birthday" of Initiate's Trial.

After the relative disappointments of Wise Man's Fear and A Dance With Dragons earlier this year, this will more than make up for a ho-hum year of fantasy reading.

Yes yes yes!!

I am sooo looking forward to this release! I'm with you on ADWD Clan, overrall a pretty disappointing read. The teasers alone that Janny has provided thus far has got me drooling at the bit for the Initiate's Trial.

Yes yes yes!!

I am sooo looking forward to this release! I'm with you on ADWD Clan, overrall a pretty disappointing read. The teasers alone that Janny has provided thus far has got me drooling at the bit for the Initiate's Trial.

I said relative disappointments. ADWD was not a bad read, and did the hard slogging of rescuing the series from spinning out of control like The Wheel of Time did. GRRM seems to have wrestled the story back on track, but I did expect more. I'd hoped for better from Rothfuss, too, but it was still fairly good.

A poor word choice by me, sorry about that.

Too close to the release date now to get one last teaser from Janny do you think?

The timing overall looks like it's going to be perfect for me, should just have enough evenings left to complete the Black Company series which I am now half way through followed by a re-read of the Stormed Fortress. Did a count last night and ive read over 50 books since finishing SF, that's a lot of words I need to move out of the way!

Argh!

I am 2/3 of the way thru Stephen Donaldson's latest Covenant book, Against All Things Ending, and will be hard pressed to finish a Stormed Fortress re-read by 10/27.

Perseverance.....

Looks like it's time I pre-ordered this thing!

Where's the cheapest place to get it? It's £20 on Play.com!

The first chapter set is absolutely fantastic.

I preordered a copy from The Book Depository, think it was like $12 (i'm at work so can't confirm price) for the paperback but will have to wait for it to be shipped downunder.

The Book Depository tells me that the orders have shipped!!! So excited!!!

IT IS IN MY HANDS!!!! Okay, you lot won't be hearing from me for a while...

Enjoy Clanny...I won't be getting it for a while.

this. book. is. astounding.

I read it nice and slowly, and for fear of spoilers, I can't say anything. This sucker, as expected, explodes off the page. I love this story. I'll start a new thread for a spoiler topic on Initiate's Trial.

this. book. is. astounding.

I read it nice and slowly, and for fear of spoilers, I can't say anything. This sucker, as expected, explodes off the page. I love this story. I'll start a new thread for a spoiler topic on Initiate's Trial.

Sounds pretty amazing.

I'm getting it for Christmas. Will most probably be the first book I read in 2012.

Firstly, I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

Secondly, I have the book in my hands! Can't wait to get going.

Hope everyone had a merry christmas and a happy new year. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my copy of Initiate's Trial, (having bought it online with a gift card I was given). It's shipped, but I don't like waiting.

Hope everyone had a merry christmas and a happy new year. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my copy of Initiate's Trial, (having bought it online with a gift card I was given). It's shipped, but I don't like waiting.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I've read the first section and thought it was very good so your wait will be an agonizing one! :rolleyes:

The mass market version of Initiate's Trial is out in the UK now if anyone was waiting for a normal sized paperback version.
http://www.harpercollins.co.uk/Titles/34557/initiates-trial-janny-wurts-9780007217830

It seems the USA release date was delayed, and it is now due out on the 25th September. Australia gets it on the 1st September but I brought mine from the UK, so already have it.

Janny never mentioned anything, but she might have some paperback versions for sale at Dragon Con which starts this Friday, if anyone is going.