Book cover - Women underwater, flippers, goggles? She gets seasick

mud

I Like Books
About ten years ago I started reading this book I got at the library, all I remember is the cover, there is a women underwater with flippers on, maybe some goggles. And I remember in the first few pages she is on a boat, and she mentions she gets seasick. She may have also mentioned her job, which was something to do with the ocean. I believe this was a scifi/fantasy book. I never got more then a couple pages in, I don't remember why I never read more, but I've been wanting to read it since.

I'll know the the book when I see a picture of the cover. If you know which book it is and let me know I will be very very happy, I would even give you the last piece of cherry berry pie (that is if you were around, and there was a cherry berry pie with one piece left).

Now, that is limited information!

How about Steven Gould's "Blind Waves" as a starter? I don't expect a bull's eye, but it's about the right date.

Oh wow, I believe that is the book! You sir are amazing! *hands the last piece of cherry berry pie over*

good fortune and lots of smiles to you! thanks!

I suspect more than a little luck was involved; that was really not a surfeit of information.

And eat the pie yourself, and enjoy it for me; I'm not allowed anything with sugar in it (not even virtual pie.)

And welcome to the Chronicles; I haven't seen you in "introductions" so I assume you've not yet been warned how dangerously addictive and time-consuming this place can be…