Survivors 2.02

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Dave said:
We were all for saying how convenient it was that they arrived at the research centre just as Abby had escaped, but the writers were ready for that, and she seemed to be in an entirely different place. Still convenient though, but now it seems less so due to that, very clever!

I didn't see all the episodes last year. Who is the man on the video-phone calling all the shots? Do we know?

The old man at the other end of the video conference is a new guy. Someone who we haven't seen so far, but to me he looked like one of the elites that has gone to hide in one of their underground lairs.

But Dave, in the regards to Abbies escape and she finding herself back in London is the pace of the story. And I do believe she would have done something like that, something go back in her tracks when she'd lost everything. Although she doesn't know that her son is alive as we saw him at the last scene of last series.

If you get a chance, then I recommend you to check out the whole series. It's really good, and it's such a shame that BBC is afraid on airing this sort of stuff. It is almost as if they don't the public to start thinking what's really going on in the world that is mostly hidden from us. And that is what this series creators do so very well, as they show what's it like when there's only a small number of people left.

In the regards of the firearms I can say that there ARE NO FIREARMS in the UK. The public has been stripped from there and mostly the police-force minus the flying squad don't have them. In some cases, I believe that the only people that has them are the SAS, SBS, and the criminals.

What comes to the secret locations in UK then check out the http://www.secret-bases.co.uk/ and what comes to the medical facilities then this one that you should check out to really understand the scope on what's going on within the medical sciences/business ... http://cryptome.org/eyeball/hhmi/janelia-farm.htm

Well, there are of course arms in the barracks, but in the case of global disaster, how much of them would remain in the storages? How much UK has stored in the shelters, and put it easily available for those who need them. For example I'm pretty sure there is armoury in the Westminster, in the MI-5 building at the Vauxhall, in the MOD building at the Whitehall, in Queen's Palace at the Buckingham Palace and in few place that are essentially barracks in the London. But think how much of those would be in hands of service people, making sure that the people doesn't do rioting, and looting when the inevitable happens.

Also you saw how much good the armaments did at last night episode, didn't you?

In the regards of the food issue, there are plenty of households that have enough of food in their cupboards, and there are shops and storage facilities that are essential to distribute food to the people. So there would be enough of long shelf-life stuff lying around within the limits of London. Then the only thing you would have to do would be to go in Library or in a local bookshop, and take a couple cooking books from off the shelf. Plus there are obvious good books that really tells you what do when the SHTF.

If you get a chance, then I recommend you to check out the whole series. It's really good, and it's such a shame that BBC is afraid on airing this sort of stuff. It is almost as if they don't the public to start thinking what's really going on in the world that is mostly hidden from us. And that is what this series creators do so very well, as they show what's it like when there's only a small number of people left.
I think I need to see all of the first series. I did see the original Terry Nation series, but it is only very loosely based on that (the credits say it is based upon his book.) The story has gone on further than that series did and only the character names remain.

I'm not sure I agree with you that the BBC is afraid to air this series. Last weeks skip was just because of Football. I used to watch Star Trek, I know well how far down the ladder SF comes when they can show any kind of sport instead -darts, snooker, synchronised swimming (okay, the last one is a lie.)

I'm not sure there can be that many secret bunkers left in the UK. I've been to a few that are no longer secret - Hellfire Corner under Dover Castle, Cabinet War Rooms under Whitehall - and there is Kelvedon Hatch in Essex. There is probably something underground at Porton Down though; almost bound to be something there.

Original Air Date—26 January 2010

Tom returns to the group with supplies, having seen gun-wielding men in gas masks round up other survivors into a van marked PSJ Laboratories, where Abby is being held and to which they travel. Whitaker has Abby re-injected with the virus to see how she survived, in order to make the cure. Once again she survives. Whitaker's wife, whom he has kept hidden until a cure is found, accidentally stumbles on Abby and other guinea pigs and is horrified. She cannot save the other captives but releases Abby,who returns to her friends.