14 months later..one rough draft..

mixa

Well after 14 months, I've managed to cough up 60,000 words. Yay.....I have virtually finished my book1.

Just some bits left unwritten, I think a solid month will see it complete in it's second draft. As I wrote bits of my book over and over again.

Gonna be out of a job in middle of Feb, so going to seize the opportunity to really crank up the words.

I hope the cloud of the job loss turns into a silver lining of finishing the book and feeling great about yourself that you've done something that hundreds of thousands of people say they're gonna do, but don't.

Oh, I dream of being unemployed so I can just get on and write!

Good luck!

@Dash
It's not all it's cracked up to be. I was far more motivated when I was writing and hating my day job at the same time.

Aye, as a student (unemployed) it is very difficult to write. The more free time you have the less you do in it. It's somehow much easier to cram writing into gaps you don't really have than it is to force yourself to write when you have nothing else to do.

Yes, it's so hard to write when you have a lot of spare time and little stress to motivate you to write as a relief. I used to write a lot during my old job, because I literally had HOURS in which I had nothing to do, waiting for guests to check in. But because of one cranky person, I was banned from writing. I apparently didn't look up when they were still near the door [a good fifty + feet away and about at 2 o'clock, so a bit out of my sight range no matter where I sat] and reported it. I haven't written much since March 2009

Yeah that kinda makes sense. At the moment I'm writing about 500-1500 words a day (on a good day), but managing to sneak a bit in at work too!