Forthcoming Lovecraftian Items

That late? That's disappointing. I gathered from a PS Publishing newsletter a while back that they were working on it now, so that its appearance was soonish.
It may be sooner, as they are indeed supposed to be working on it now--but these books always seem to get delayed, so I am suspecting a September/October release rather than June/July. I'm really looking forward to it--the few tales I've looked over in ye pdf are fantastic!

The other day, Hippocampus Press posted an image of the ARC of Dawnward Spire, Lonely Hill: The Letters of H. P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith in their FB group. The very tentative release date is ("possibly") December.

A Means to Freedom -- the HPL/REH correspondence -- will be reprinted in tpb, according to the Hippocampus Press FB page.

From S. T. Joshi's latest blog entry:

I’m not sure what has kept me so occupied, unless it be my ongoing work (now abated for a time) on the immense Lovecraft/Clark Ashton Smith letters, which will be titled Dawnward Spire, Lonely Hill: The Letters of H. P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith. (The title, brilliantly devised by David E. Schultz, is an adaptation of two of the more memorable lines in Smith’s poignant elegy “To Howard Phillips Lovecraft”: “How hast thou wandered hence /…beyond the dawnward spires of Providence? /…For even upon / this lonely western hill of Averoigne …” This book, which will exceed 700 pages, is on track to be published later this year.

...I have now begun working on the immense task of editing Lovecraft’s letters to his close family members—his mother (Sarah Susan Phillips Lovecraft) and his aunts (Lillian D. Clark and Annie E. P. Gamwell). There are only 2 or 3 letters to his mother, but the letters to his aunts—which come to about 450,000 words—are among the richest treasure-houses of information about Lovecraft’s daily life (especially during his New York years) and his travels that one is likely to find. But the task of editing and annotating them is staggering. We expect to issue these letters in two huge volumes in late 2017 or early 2018. There will be other letters volumes appearing in the interim.

Lovecraft Annual #10 is coming in August, and Letters to C. L. Moore, Henry Kuttner, and Fritz Leiber are coming next year.

In the latest EOD mailing, it was mentioned that there will probably be 15 more volumes of letters after the ones that have already appeared.

I had dinner with S. T. last night, and he gave me my cont. copy of Black Wings V. It's a fantastic volume, with stories by Caitlin R. Kiernan, Cody Goodfellow, David Hambling, Donald Tyson, Sunni K. Brook, Sam Gafford, Darrell Schweitzer, and many others. It ends with a marvelous long poem by Wade German. This is a jacketed hardcover edition, although a trade pb will be forthcoming, probably early 2017. There is ye regular trade hardcover edition and a deluxe in slipcase. S. T. has already edited most of volume VI, and then will probably take a break from doing this series, popular though it has been for PS Publishing.

Snipped from the latest Hippocampus Press newsletter:

Our long-delayed, annotated edition of FUNGI FROM YUGGOTH is at the printer, and all systems are go for delivery in January 2017. We have reduced the print run of this limited edition to just 300 copies, in order to afford a superior quality natural paper, dark green ink, Smythe sewn signatures, and other niceties. This superb addition to any Lovecraftian's library features 40 original drawings by Jason C. Eckhardt, over 120 pages of editorial commentary and notes from David E. Schultz, a full facsimile of HPL's original manuscript, and Harold S. Farnese’s sheet music for two of the sonnets.

The long-anticipated, new softcover edition of A MEANS TO FREEDOM: THE LETTERS OF H. P. LOVECRAFT AND ROBERT E. HOWARD will be officially released on January 22, 2017 -- Robert E. Howard's 111th birthday. Advance orders are now being taken at the Hippocampus website.

Dawnward Spire, Lonely Hill: The Letters of H. P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith and Collected Fiction: A Variorum Edition: Revisions and Collaborations just became available for pre-order from www.hippocampuspress.com .

Hippocampus Press has hinted that the collection of letters to Maurice W. Moe, Bernard Austin Dwyer, Vincent Starrett and Samuel Loveman may be out before the end of 2017.

I've written an essay on Lovecraft's revisions for a forthcoming LOVECRAFT ILLUSTRATED edition of ye REVISIONS & COLLABORATIONS to be publish'd by PS Publishing. They will soon be releasing ye final volumes of Lovecraft's work in illustrated volumes, with art by Pete Von Sholly. I'm quite fond of this series. Each volume has a new Introduction by S. T. written especially for it, and the essays included are old classic reprints or new pieces. Some volumes include stories by other authors that are tied to Lovecraft's original tale--THE HAUNTER OF THE DARK edition, for example, includes tales by Robert Bloch.