Star Wars in 3D

I'm not interested in seeing the movies in 3D. But I'll probably go to the cinema anyway. I'm more interested in part 7, 8 and 9 though. Rumors are that George Lucas is going to release part 7 in 2021. That he will indeed continue the franchise, despite his denial about it.

Is this that rumor so he can use Hamil et al at their 'right age' for the later movies?

I find that rumour utterly ridiculous.

I see that the Blu-Ray version of the Star Wars Saga has been announced. Deleted scenes included, which is pretty cool news. I would imagine that it would be remastered in order to make the most of the Blu-Ray's image quality. I wonder if there will be any further "tweaks"?

With advances in technology A 3D version of the saga can't be that far away now.

Given that Lucas is running the show, tweaks are almost inevitable. Maybe he'll let Han shoot first like he's supposed to...

Wasn't there an imax version out at one time?

Kind of an old post I'm responding to here, but Attack of the Clones was put on regular Imax soon after it's original release. At the time they had to shave off a few minutes because of how much film the projectors could hold or some such. I have to admit, it was one of the coolest memories I have besides seeing the original trilogy in the theaters. The Coruscant speeder chase was AMAZING on a 5 story screen.

I am really looking forward to seeing these movies in 3D. I grew up with the originals but also really enjoyed the prequels. I am so looking forward to the pod racing scene as well as everything else. I'm sure it's going to be visually stunning.

Given that Lucas is running the show, tweaks are almost inevitable. Maybe he'll let Han shoot first like he's supposed to...

Wait, Han never shot at all! He is a squeaky clean good guy and would not resort to taking a life. He dodges the shot just in time, and it's the paid security in the bar who take down Greedo. Han never even reached for his gun of course, in fact he doesn't have a gun, only bad guys have guns.

History is rewritten by the winners of wars and conflicts - or movie directors.

I enjoy all six films and it will be a real treat to see all those incredible scenes in 3D. Podrace, Coruscant chase, trench run, asteriod chase, speeder bike chase to name a few.

I like all those scenes, but those two are among my top five favorites, Huttman. :cool:

Be interesting to see these in 3D. I read if the first doesn't do well he won't do the rest of them (probably not a good idea to start with TPM in that case).

I'm game. Actually, i'm quite looking forward to this as i've not seen a 3D movie yet so this will be my first experience.

I haven't seen a 3D film in ages. Is it really worth seeing a movie on the big screen with those special glasses? Is the quality (now-a-days) really that good?

If it is, then I will see Star Wars.

I haven't seen a 3D film in ages. Is it really worth seeing a movie on the big screen with those special glasses? Is the quality (now-a-days) really that good?

If it is, then I will see Star Wars.

It has to be filmed in 3D to have the desired affect. Post processed 3D isn't too good imo.

I have no insight into the plan except to say that Lucas is a brilliant businessman, and I would be utterly shocked if he puts the 3 prequels out first.
Parson, I hope you recover from your shock soon, to realise that Lucas' business strategy does not involve pleasing those of us who grew up on the original trilogy. the marketing strategy is firmly around the later films. Many more toys can be squeezed out of that series.

I'm still picking myself off the ground. I mean, you have to do the original "Star Wars" first don't you???? It will never be "The New Hope" to me.

I don't have any interest in seeing it in 3d, mainly because of the inevitable changes that will be made to the story. I still watch only the original Star Wars, even though Lucas has conveniently never remastered it. He has made the versions with revisions in good quality over the years in his attempt to force people to watch them over the older ones.

I suspect this 3D thing is a ploy for the same strategy. Instead of allowing the original to be remastered and re-released for the sake of older fans, he will release only a revised version in this quality. To watch the good picture quality you have to put up with the changes made to the story.

Quick question here, I haven't had time to read the whole thread:

Will these films be the originals in 3D, or the crappy special versions with **** added in digitally like Anakin and Vader's incredibly boring voice? If this is the case...I'd rather save my money for Transformers 4 or something equally dreadful.

Quick question here, I haven't had time to read the whole thread:

Will these films be the originals in 3D, or the crappy special versions with **** added in digitally like Anakin and Vader's incredibly boring voice? If this is the case...I'd rather save my money for Transformers 4 or something equally dreadful.

I'm actually not sure if he has added/removed anything to/from the stories. You'll need to check the reviews when they come out.

When they made it available, I purchased a copy of Star Wars, (the version without the new special effects that doesn't say A New Hope.) They can do what they want to it and I may or may not watch new versions but I'll still have a copy of the one I saw at the theater in 1977 that impressed the hell out of me with it's incredible lightyears leap in special effects. Anything they've done since has not equaled that jump.