Amissa Minerva

j d worthington

I was wondering if anyone here might know how I could get a copy of Steven J. Mariconda's essay, "On Lovecraft's 'Amissa Minerva'", originally published in Etchings & Odysseys #9 (1986). I don't believe it has been reprinted, yet I also understand it is a very good essay on this little piece by Lovecraft, and Joshi says of it that it "is virtually a textbook on the proper annotation of a literary work".

I have found a copy of this issue of E&O for sale, but all I am particularly interested in is this essay (a very small part of the issue), and am rather reluctant to spend $51 USD (including s&h) for approximately 7 pp. worth of material....

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated....

This could prove tough J.D....I was able to find the item for sale for just over $20 US (incl shipping) on Amazon from this US supplier....unelss you've checked this crowd out already considering the $51 US you qoute is also present there?

Amazon.com: Used and New: ETCHINGS AND ODYSSEYS (9) Nine: The New Eye; Swamped; Nighttime; Faith Healer; Tales of Old Zid Yargoth; Running Inside; The Creature Found in the Bog; Spawn of Inferno; Salamander; Better than the Streets; Eugenia and the N

I also stumbled upon this quite excellent and comprehensive resource on REH, which includes a table of contents and graphic of the E&O edn. you are referring to.

The Works of Robert E. Howard

Not sure if this was what you were hoping for....:(

Thank you very much, Mr. G. I had somehow missed that one. I also contacted Martin Andersson, who provided a link to contact Brown University about getting a copy of the essay, as they are among the few sources having a copy of this issue. Between the two, I should be able to manage. Very much appreciated!:)

Back