9 days...

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Well, the family has gone away to the "in-laws" - I pick them up again in 10 days.

I'm going to try and ensure that I use this free time to finish "Emperor". Should be around 10k-20k words left to write. See if I can finish it now. :)

Much luck to you! If I were in the same position I would be having way too much fun having the whole place to myself to actually get anything serious done...

But, we have faith in you! Stay off the internet and finish writing.

Well...I was just a bit slow off the mark. All last week I only sat down to actually write creatively three times - 2500 words twice, then 3500 on Saturday.

Then yesterday I wrote somewhere in the region of 7500. And today it's somewhere between 4000-5000.

So I think I beat mey aim of writnig 20,000 words. :)

I'm still not quite finished with Emperor - but it's extraordinarily close. Definitely no more than 10,000 words. A handful of faily simple scenes into and from the last climax, I should hope.

Did you finish it yet? (did I perhaps miss an anouncement in another thread)

Not finished yet. Still got work to do. got to write a few more scenes, rewrite some concepts and some scenes, then go through the editing of everything.

I could probably discipline myself to have it all done within a month - but likely Christmas would be a more realistic time to get everything done properly. :)