2.12: Fires of Idirsholas

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
When the fires of Idirsholas burn for the first time in 300 years, Gaius fears a sorcerer has reformed the deadly Knights of Medhir. Arthur and Merlin ride out to face the Knights... and barely escape with their lives. Upon returning home, they find everyone in Camelot is under a strange enchantment – all except for Morgana. Could she be behind the magic which threatens the Kingdom?

Woah! This was a bit darker and less cuddly. No comfort has the fire at night because it means that the Ring wraiths ride in black. Morgana helps Morgause, the Angel of Avalon, deliberately putting the whole of Camelot in danger. Merlin and Arthur walked the night alone. Merlin actually poisons Morgana. Stands up to Morgause, despite only being a servant, and then he frees the Dragon, despite seeing a future where Camelot is destroyed with flames from the dragon of darkness.

I love that song!

Is Morgana really dead though. The TV guide I looked at says it is her last appearance, but it seemed to me that Morgause saved her with Magic, and the Myth (for however much this series has altered it) would require her to team up with Mordred in the future.

No, I don't believe Morgana is dead, but we are not going to see her in her current form as a princess of Camelot. Morgause has taken her and she'll probably will teach her with the rites of the magic. When she returns, she's not going to be same woman that we've seen her during these series.

My question is: is the Dragon going to eat the King? I cannot see a way how Arthur or even Merlin can defeat a raged dragon who wants wrath. This is the turning point, and in the next series we're going to see Arthur the King rising.

My question is: is the Dragon going to eat the King?

Please, please....but I bet Uther gives him indigestion...

Did anyone else do a double-take when they first saw the title of this episode?...:p

I missed the beginning of this episode! They keep changing the times the ep is on. I think it's on even earlier next week.

I liked this episode. Definitely preferring this series to the first one.

Mouse you can blame BBC for having all sorts of programming affecting the initial time-slots. And you are right, this season is much better then the last year one, and we can only wait to find out what Americans, Aussie and Canadians think about this one as Merlin is going to hit them at the spring ... or autumn if you're in down under.

Pyan, what do you mean about the title? I have tried to google Merlin and Idirsholas, and even cross-referensing to Tolkien didn't help.

Must be my mind, ctg - but when I first glanced at it, I thought it said "Fires of
A*s*h*l*s

I can't believe anyone (including me) is watching this anymore.

Every week it looks more and more like some badly scripted poorly acted episode of a Laurel and Hardy film. (At least you got a laugh from them)

The only thing missing is the ties and the another fine mess line.

So why are you watching this TEIN?

The reason why I'm watching this is because Merlin is much better then some highbrow American sh*te that comes out from the tellie. Merlin is the one series that does occasionally remove me from my puter, but I do admit that it could be better in many places, then again, like Doctor Who, our age group isn't the intended audience.

Also note that the Merlin is currently the fourth most watched BBC program.

I have to say, I loved this episode! I kept me watching all the way through, I was glued to it lol. When Merlin poisoned Morgana, I could hardly beleive it, I was sure he would back out in the last minute and not give her the drink. It was a lot more, I don't know, grown up? It was definitely a little creepier than the usual episodes, but then that was the same as the last season as it neared the end. I can't wait until this Saturday, I definitely want to see what happens!
And Mouse, you can watch it on BBC iPlayer, that's where I've been watching it :)

I have to say, I loved this episode! I kept me watching all the way through, I was glued to it lol. When Merlin poisoned Morgana, I could hardly beleive it, I was sure he would back out in the last minute and not give her the drink. It was a lot more, I don't know, grown up? It was definitely a little creepier than the usual episodes, but then that was the same as the last season as it neared the end. I can't wait until this Saturday, I definitely want to see what happens!
And Mouse, you can watch it on BBC iPlayer, that's where I've been watching it :)

Ta, yeah I usually watch on the iPlayer when I miss it. Still not seen the start of this ep, so you've just reminded me!

This was a great story ep. Morgana choose the darker side, Merlin had to stop being so goody goody and actually kill her at least temporary.

This ep proves why you watch this series. Its well written even if some of sorcerer of the week eps might be weak sometimes.