Richard Todd RIP

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
Has died age 90.

I grew up watching this actor. His most famous roles in the Dambusters and at Pegasus Bridge in The Longest Day. He played war heroes on the screen and was actually one of the first British soldiers to land in Normandy in 1944.

Goodbye Richard. thanks for the great films.

Nobody can ever doubt that you 'held until relieved'.

I salute you.

I can always remember Lee Marvin and some guy whose name escapes me having some fun with Todd's lack of inches on the set of 'The Wild Geese.' Todd just smiled along with them, too much of a gentleman to point out that neither of them had ever been shot at for real.

It was "The Dambusters" for me.

Great actor, real-life hero and gentleman.

As with D-B, I recently watched him in Stage Fright, where he put in an excellent performance... as he so often did. An actor whose work I have always enjoyed, and he will be missed....

I can always remember Lee Marvin and some guy whose name escapes me having some fun with Todd's lack of inches on the set of 'The Wild Geese.' Todd just smiled along with them, too much of a gentleman to point out that neither of them had ever been shot at for real.

Funny, neither Lee Marvin nor Richard Todd were in The Wild Geese. Richard Burton was; he served in the RAF, but I don't think he ever saw combat...

I loved The Wild Geese. :)

RIP Mr Todd, thoroughlly enjoyed Venetian Bird.

For me, Richard Todd WAS Robin Hood. Erroll Flynn could just eat his heart out as far as I was concerned.