Dragon Haven

Graendal

I have just pre-ordered book 2 of the Rain Wild chronicles from Amazon. But it is looking like a March 2010 release. Does anybody have a better idea of the release date?:)

Is the first book any good? I skipped through it in the store, but the story with the malformed dragons didn't directly appeal to me so i left it there. Seemed worse then her soldier'son trilogy which was just okay imo. Did I make a mistake?

I think you have made a mistake but don't read it until just before Dragon Haven is due out as it's quite clearly only half a book. I liked it very much, there are a couple of cameos from previous books, and can't wait for the second half.

I'd like to get these at some point. I'm so nearly finished Renegade's Magic, yay!! I have a couple of books to read after. Hopefully by that point all of these will be out. Is it a trilogy like Hobb's others?

I have just received my copy from Amazon...I think that is my weekend sorted. Looking forward to reading it.

It's good. At least as good as Dragon Keeper. I read the whole thing in a day, in spite of having a nine-month-old son to look after. Luckily my husband was on vacation this week so the guys could spend time together while I read! ;)

I, too, read it in super quick time despite having two young children and thought it was very good and I actually preferred it to Dragon Keeper. Can't wait for the third one...

Does anyone know how many are predicted to be in this series?

xx

I've a feeling it's a trilogy.

How good is Dragon Haven? I got it on the cheap from Amazon, and it's the next on my reading list (after my exams. I'm counting down the days until I can just laze about - 16!).

See, I was really looking forward to Dragon Keeper (the Liveship trilogy is the Hobb trilogy I like the least, but this new one is a return to the Realm of the Elderlings) and I found myself bitterly disappointed. I find Hobb's third person books a little dull anyway, but DK was truly abysmal. If Dragon Haven picks up, then I can forgive DK, but if it doesn't, well...

I've heard some good things about DH, but I don't particularly want to get my hopes up.

If you’ve read DK and made it through ok, I’d recommend that you try out DH.

I preferred DH to DK - the characters just seemed more real to me (and more true to the Robin Hobb style of character) – not sure if it was just 'cos I knew them better after reading the DK. I just could not put it down!

Re: kiwi bird

I haven't read the soldier's son series but have read all the others, this series is a bit hard to understand unless you've read all the rest. Haven't read dragon haven yet but enjoyed the dragon keeper. Please read if u haven't, start at the beginning with the farseer trilogy and it all comes together.....Good reading!!!