Dragon Haven

Graendal

I have just pre-ordered book 2 of the Rain Wild chronicles from Amazon. But it is looking like a March 2010 release. Does anybody have a better idea of the release date?:)

Koopa

Old KiwiBird
Is the first book any good? I skipped through it in the store, but the story with the malformed dragons didn't directly appeal to me so i left it there. Seemed worse then her soldier'son trilogy which was just okay imo. Did I make a mistake?

Ella

I think you have made a mistake but don't read it until just before Dragon Haven is due out as it's quite clearly only half a book. I liked it very much, there are a couple of cameos from previous books, and can't wait for the second half.

Mouse

ejtett.weebly.com
I'd like to get these at some point. I'm so nearly finished Renegade's Magic, yay!! I have a couple of books to read after. Hopefully by that point all of these will be out. Is it a trilogy like Hobb's others?

Graendal

I have just received my copy from Amazon...I think that is my weekend sorted. Looking forward to reading it.

manephelien

Transmural Feline
It's good. At least as good as Dragon Keeper. I read the whole thing in a day, in spite of having a nine-month-old son to look after. Luckily my husband was on vacation this week so the guys could spend time together while I read! ;)

Adasunshine

Everything in Moderation
I, too, read it in super quick time despite having two young children and thought it was very good and I actually preferred it to Dragon Keeper. Can't wait for the third one...

Does anyone know how many are predicted to be in this series?

xx

Lenny

Press "X" to admire hat
I've a feeling it's a trilogy.

How good is Dragon Haven? I got it on the cheap from Amazon, and it's the next on my reading list (after my exams. I'm counting down the days until I can just laze about - 16!).

See, I was really looking forward to Dragon Keeper (the Liveship trilogy is the Hobb trilogy I like the least, but this new one is a return to the Realm of the Elderlings) and I found myself bitterly disappointed. I find Hobb's third person books a little dull anyway, but DK was truly abysmal. If Dragon Haven picks up, then I can forgive DK, but if it doesn't, well...

I've heard some good things about DH, but I don't particularly want to get my hopes up.

Icemark

Back in Business

If you’ve read DK and made it through ok, I’d recommend that you try out DH.

I preferred DH to DK - the characters just seemed more real to me (and more true to the Robin Hobb style of character) – not sure if it was just 'cos I knew them better after reading the DK. I just could not put it down!

cookie26

Re: kiwi bird

I haven't read the soldier's son series but have read all the others, this series is a bit hard to understand unless you've read all the rest. Haven't read dragon haven yet but enjoyed the dragon keeper. Please read if u haven't, start at the beginning with the farseer trilogy and it all comes together.....Good reading!!!