2.08: The Sin(s) of the Father

I have said several times that Uther is a terrible King...

I agree. Uther is so predictable - It's magic! We must find them and kill them!

The man simply doesn't learn. The character hasn't evolved in any significant way. He gets an idea in his head and won't listen to anyone who offers a dissenting view. His behaviour has killed or nearly killed several people close to him, yet I don't think I've once heard him apologise. Maybe not apologising is a royal prerogative...I dunno.

It's magic! We must find them and kill them!

In his defence though - he has -- you know - been right every time thus far! I agree he makes judgement without any evidence/very little proof - which makes it easy to see through him from our point of view, but in the setting it has been magic every single time.

In his defence though - he has -- you know - been right every time thus far! I agree he makes judgement without any evidence/very little proof - which makes it easy to see through him from our point of view, but in the setting it has been magic every single time.

True, you make a valid point.

It's just that he can't see shades of grey. Everything is black or white as far as he is concerned. He either doesn't see, or doesn't care about, the effect his hatred of magic has on his people. Think of Gwen's father's execution, for example. At no point does it occur to Uther that the target of his wrath might a) be innocent or b) be trying to help, not hurt.

hehe thanks :)

I do agree I really wish that in the buildup in this series that we would have seen more false accusations on Uthers part - I think that would have been a stronger motive for Morganna to side toward the druids than this shaky friendship/love lust that she seems to have with them at present.
Heck have Uther have some rivel/problem killed on the excuse of magic without any magical evidence - or with the evidence being highly shaky.

Back