At the Gates of Darkness UK/AU/NZ cover

Fake Vencar

Metaphorically Drunk
auhc_atgod_480.jpg

Here's the new cover for Feist's up and coming novel for the UK, Australia and New Zealand... not much to it but I'd thought I'd post it anyway :p

The USA/Canada one is slightly different I believe; I haven't seen it yet though

Amazon seems unsure; they're selling one for release on the 7th of January whereas they're also selling a different copy for release on the 6th of April. Considering the last book was also released in April, then I think the latter is the correct date

I like this one better than the last, but, what happened to the good old fashinod picture covers?
Or do I just live in the past?

I prefer the old fashioned pictures as well; makes you more excited about starting the book in my opinion

This seems to be very much the style du jour at the moment. Reminds me of recent Martin and Hobb covers, to name but two.

If it ain't minimalist, it's a hooded figure on a plain background. Glowy magic optional.

Yeah, the Wheel of Time went the same way as well. I'm not sure who comes up with them but it's a bit of a shame.

Release dates!

Australia and New Zealand : 1st Jan 2010
United Kingdom: 7th Jan 2010
United States: 6th April 2010

Didn't realise it was so close!

Wow, that came around fast, i'll probably buy both books in one go as the last was lent to me by a friend and i did'nt get round to buying it.
It'll be nice to read the two back to back anyway. Fingers crossed, I'm hoping for a cracker!:D

Now why would you release a book on a public holiday when no stores are open and Australia post is not delivering :mad:

Maybe I should trudge off to Brissie...

I GOT IT AND READ IT!!!!! It was pretty good, but not what i was expecting

Finally hit the shelves in NZ yesterday. Picked it up last night, finished at 7am this morning.
Try as I might, I still find myself judging books by their covers (for authors I'm not familiar with) - go to say this cover is particularly uninspired.

Familiar with Feist. Quite like his stuff.
Just think the cover art is not particularly attention grabbing (& still don't see where a stylised scorpion has any relevance to the stroy)

Ah ok. I thought you were judging it from the point of view of someone who hadn't read Feist:eek:.Was going to recommend the riftwar etc.:D