PC or Mac?

Mac or PC?

• Mac

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • PC

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
Well, PC's are usually far superior games machines to consoles within about a year of a console coming out.

Unfortunately, it can cost a small fortune keeping a PC uptodate enough to play games. I got an xbox just so I could play GTAIV, and use that now for gaming.

Personally, I hate game console controllers, and prefer gaming on a PC (mouse and keyboard or steering wheel).
I just upgraded my gaming PC to resurrect it; it got cannibalized to upgrade the home theater PC (needed more SATA ports for hard drives/movie storage). The Gaming PC is now destined for this winter's cycle of vinyl record conversion to WMA files (unless a new, must play, game comes along).
Maybe I don't frequent the right places but I rarely see parts to customize/upgrade MACs.
I try to upgrade my best PC to 6 to 9 month old state of the art every 3 years or so
and can normally play any PC game available (if not at the highest possible frame rates, good only for bragging rights, IMO). The old parts get cycled into one of the other PCs and eventually go into one of the LAN rigs (Used when friends come over for Beer and games).

Pre-retirement; I did most, not all, of my design/statistical analysis/data base work on PCs, although I did a lot of technical writing on MACs, other than for a few niche apps, I don't see one as clearly superior to the other.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I use a computer which works, reliably and efficiently, with interchangeable data formats and minimal risk from any malware. Which at the moment happens to be a Mac Mini desktop and eeePc (linux) netbook. And an emulated Win98 PC for those things I can't bear to be without.

Back