SG-U: 1.06 - Water

Moonbat

Chuckle Churner
In partial reply to Connovar's comment on ep6 at the end of the thread for ep 5

Spoilers

Ep 6 was good, but I agree with the whole rescusing Scott thing, it did seem a bit of a re-run. I liked the fact that Rush told Scott to force Young to leave him and get back to the gate, I think Rush is very selfish, he looked annoyed that the stretcher was used to rescue Scott instead of bringing more ice.
I liked the bits with the sand creature(s) although the bit where they mimicked Scott's face before they flew away on the HOTH like planet was a bit cheesey. I thought the female officer (the medic) was very good. Rush was pushing her to make descisions and seemingly enjoying watching her squirm, trying to goad her into making rash choices.

I think Eli has proved several times that he is the creative thinker among the crew, Rush is clever and knows alot but he has trouble thinking outside the box. Also I like that Eli has morals and worries about lying to people. I think there will be a split among the crew and that Eli will rise as the most popular choice for a leader. (maybe)

I thought it was another good episode, and I'm looking forward to next week.

Roll on Ep7

Ep 6 was good, but I agree with the whole rescusing Scott thing, it did seem a bit of a re-run. I liked the fact that Rush told Scott to force Young to leave him and get back to the gate, I think Rush is very selfish, he looked annoyed that the stretcher was used to rescue Scott instead of bringing more ice.

Scott's rescue was very well done and I thought they were a bit more then brave on venturing on the frozen lake. I know how was fast ice can break and create a situation, where you need a helicopter rescue. Even then Young did exactly as I expected him to do: Not to leave fellow soldier behind. Although you could see from his face that he was thinking about it, but not giving up on his moral values.

However, what would you have expected to happen when they realised that the water was running out? I cannot see them having a mining ship to go out and bring back a meteorite full of water, or even catch a comet. The Hoth planet or moon was a good solution from the writers and they even managed to create drama in it.

Or do you disagree that going out to get ice was dramatic enough without the added drama?

I liked the bits with the sand creature(s) although the bit where they mimicked Scott's face before they flew away on the HOTH like planet was a bit cheesey.

I have a theory about the creature and I think the creature represents another phase in the evolution. Also I'm pretty sure that it wasn't the last time when we are watching these creature down in the face.

Why they mimicked either character faces must mean something. Something that we haven't figured out. Or at least not all of us.

I think Eli has proved several times that he is the creative thinker among the crew, Rush is clever and knows alot but he has trouble thinking outside the box. Also I like that Eli has morals and worries about lying to people. I think there will be a split among the crew and that Eli will rise as the most popular choice for a leader. (maybe)

I disagree. Eli is clearly not able to think in adult way or understand not to add stress in the communications cycle. Rush and the medic wanted to keep things out from Young, because they understood how much is already laying on Colonel's shoulders. Eli however, spoiled kid that he is, cannot understand such a thing and wanted to keep honest face no matter what.

There was a point, where I wanted to go to Eli and smack him back on his head and say, "Behave or go back to your room!"

I thought it was another good episode, and I'm looking forward to next week.

I look forward next week as well.

Why they mimicked either character faces must mean something. Something that we haven't figured out. Or at least not all of us.

Obvious stage in communicating. We've already seen at least one alien creature in the SG universe which started communication by mimicry, beginning with faces.

Ep 6 killed alot of my hopes for this series, it was so repetitive and very much a copy of ep 3 with Scott being saved again. Its too early to get this repetitive for me.

I have to repeat that part i was really disappointed to see the lame ice planet,what happened there.

Eli is creative thinker he showed that when Rush broke down before but i want to see more to believe the trust they have in him.

Ctg is right he has to grow enough to understand what the medic,Rush was lying about.

I agree with ctg, Eli has yet to properly grow up in a social sense. He's never had much of a responsibility, aside from his mother, and so doesn't understand the pressures of command or the need to lie in order to protect in certain situations. I do agree that he is a brilliant 'outside the box' thinker - sometimes so far outside he can't even see the box. I liked the fact that Eli invented the hover-stretcher as his 'latest attempt to fly', nice use of the Kinos.

It seems that Rush thrives on confrontation, especially when he knows he has the upper hand. Whilst the rest of them are intent on getting off the ship and home, he is intent on staying on it, which means his selfishness will drive him to try and keep the ship as operational as possible, even at the risk of alienating himself from everyone else with his lack of empathy.

I'm ow really getting into the show. It was a good episode and the next one is .... well, I'll leave that until the '1.07 Earth' thread :D