Dexter

Yes, the wait is over.
I enjoyed the first three episodes. Definitely not peak Dexter, perhaps a little slower and less humour on show, but very watchable and I’m glad he’s back. Developing the classic Dexter big bad guy hunt while juggling relationships and outwitting detectives type story.

I'm very happy with episodes 3 & 4. Dexter's back. (Seasons 6, 7 & 8 were unwatchable imo.)

Agreed. Watched the first four, and whilst it's certainly not reaching the heights of the series in its prime, it is skewing towards "enjoyable". I'm liking the interaction with the Dark Passenger, the story is low-key but interesting (not having a bonkers big bad, like in the last couple of series of the original run, helps keep it grounded), and I'm appreciating
the change of location, and the minimal crossover from the original run. Don't get me wrong, Dexter is Miami, but the fresh start sheds a lot of the baggage, whilst also serving to highlight how far Dexter himself has come from the emotionless shell pretending to be a human that we were introduced to way back when.
. Above all, it feels comfortably Dexter (even if the first episode was somewhat clunky), and I'm glad to be back in this universe, eagerly awaiting each new episode.

And honestly, I wouldn't mind a second series following this (if it's of similar theme and writing).

I watched the first four. I'm liking it so far. The new setting feels cozy. I am really liking
Harrison. Love how independant and proactive he is. I liked how he stood up for Ethan. That little friendship was sweet (until it wasn't), he
is a highlight for me. I wish we wern't doing the Deb hallucination thing though.

Episode 4 was superb. A disturbing twist at times, and great drama. Back to my favourite! Episode 5 good too.
Also appears like we should get more seasons.
I miss the old starting sequence music, but this is a slightly darker show now.

Also even though the story is obviously not realistic somehow I am never shaking my head with disbelief like in a lot of fiction series. That said there have been a couple of "coincidences" that came up in how people meet.

Episode 6 started a little slower, with some work on the characters, but the last 15 minutes had some great drama. Good stuff.

Episode 7 very enjoyable too! The season is turning out well above my expectations. Close to what I hoped after the first couple of episodes.

Dexter New Blood has been an excellent season. Entertaining throughout. Sad it is over though.
Recently we haven’t been watching much of weekly screened dramas, rather than binging, so it was great to have a highlight to look forward to each week.

Of course the ending wasn’t perfect, and still some people complain about it, but I think it was a suitable one overall. We can nitpick on details.

Watched a few episodes and didn't like it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D H P Lovecraft 8
Princess Ivy Book Discussion 10
Randolph H P Lovecraft 13