Dexter

So Dexter is still a free man ? Hmm. Looks like we will have another season.

I cannot say I'm sorry for Rita. I don't know why, but I don't like her.

Thanks a lot, thesoothsayer ! :)

That was an awesome ending. It's taken me a while to respond back to this thread but I watched it a while ago. Rita always kind of irked me. I think it was more the actress that played her. I never really cared for Darla on Buffy either so that may have had something to do with it. But this season kicked last season's ass! Lithgow should get an award. He is brilliant!!

Yeah Dexter did reach new heights, really looking forward to see what happens next as well. I wonder if they'll take more the direction of the books.

That was an awesome ending. It's taken me a while to respond back to this thread but I watched it a while ago. Rita always kind of irked me. I think it was more the actress that played her. I never really cared for Darla on Buffy either so that may have had something to do with it. But this season kicked last season's ass! Lithgow should get an award. He is brilliant!!

I watched the finale last night and was left staring at the screen in astonishment at the ending. What an amazing twist!

I agree with you 1000% about Lithgow's performance. It will be a crying shame if he doesn't get an Emmy for his performance.

Dexter gets crazier every season. I'm surprised they've been able to keep the story fresh and gripping this long. I hope Debra and her partner don't hook up. Her relationships are rather repetitive.

I didn't know Michael Hall had cancer. I hope he is able to beat it.

I hope Debra and her partner don't hook up. Her relationships are rather repetitive.

I agree. How much bad luck in relationships can one woman have? I really like Debra (and her foul mouth) but I would like to see her learn from her mistakes where relationships are concerned.

What do you think of Angel and Maria getting married? I think their love story is very sweet and I hope some random killer doesn't come along to off one of them.

What do you think of Angel and Maria getting married? I think their love story is very sweet and I hope some random killer doesn't come along to off one of them.

I guess the word we were using to describe the relationship was more along the lines of 'weird'. It reminds me of the ending of The Graduate when they are finally married and it's like now what? They did rush into the marriage. It seems like it would be a very awkward office environment, especially if they try to keep it a secret. But maybe the writers will be able to pull it off.

I also wondered how they were going to handle the office politics.

Even though their romance came out of the blue, there is good chemistry between them. I like how they're so careful with each other. They've both made mistakes and been burnt in relationships so they treat each other tenderly. They appeal to the soppy romantic in me. :)

Golden Globe Awards!

--Actor, Drama: Michael C. Hall, "Dexter."
--Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: John Lithgow, "Dexter."

I just watched the clip of Michael C Hall's acceptance speech and the expression on John Lithgow's face is simply beautiful.

They both won ? Finally Michael C Hall gets his due credit :)

Lightgow was outstanding. I'm glad GG saw that.

They both won ? Finally Michael C Hall gets his due credit :)

Lightgow was outstanding. I'm glad GG saw that.

Michael C Hall was quite overwhelmed when he went up to accept the award. He was wearing a black knit cap but made no reference to chemo or cancer. He just looked so flustered and happy. I actually got a little tearful, especially when I saw his wife's and Lithgow's expressions as they watched him.

Here comes the latest victim of Dexter - bloody good show! I started watching the first season a couple of days ago only because I was fed up of a friend's persistent urging. Now finished the 1st season I'm so looking forward to the rest.

It's really a refreshing, well written/made/acted show. Michael C Hall is excellent for the role, he has this outstanding presence and voice like many other film actors who are also stage actors.

Oh and I too don't like Rita. Hope she'll disappear soon.

Last edited:
Another one who's late to the party.

Borrowed series one to four off my Uncle on Sunday, and I've just spent the last eleven hours watching the first (well, ten and a half - I took a break to put the chickens to bed and get some food after the first episode).

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm not going to read through the thread until I've joined the horde of people patiently awaiting September and series six, but I couldn't help but notice Allegra's comment above about Rita. I'm in the other camp and don't mind her at all. It'll be interesting to see what she does at the start of series two, though.

I may have to start rationing myself from now - an episode a night, two if it's a weekend. After all, I've got a long, work-filled term ahead of me and I'll need the, ah, light relief.

Have you done the season 4 yet, Lenny? My New Year's day was dedicated to the 2nd season and just finished the 3rd after the sleepless last night. Utterly addictive! Now I still have season 4 to look forward and after which life will be miserable.

It seems ladies and gentlemen have difference opinions about Rita. Anyone is watching the 5th? Hope she will not keep calling Dexter at the worst possible time! :rolleyes:

I've followed Dexter for years now, and finished the fifth season a couple of weeks back. Definitley my favorite ongoing show for the time being, I howevever I must say I felt the fifth season played it a bit too safe after the excellent and horrific ending to the fourth season.

Currently going through the fourth, Allegra - watched the first three episodes last night, and as soon as my pizza has finished cooking I'm going to marathon the remaining nine.

Series one was good, and series two was even better. Series three wasn't as strong, IMHO - very little happened, and they main villain didn't come across as particularly threatening.

I'll leave my thoughts on series four when I've finished it.

Alas, I'm going to have to track someone with series five down when I get back up to Durham.

My thoughts on series four are quite simple: better than series three, but not as good as the first two.

The ending really got me - it was not expected.

I'm very interested to see what series five will bring.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D H P Lovecraft 8
Princess Ivy Book Discussion 10
Randolph H P Lovecraft 13