The movie "The End of Eternity" is in development

xenofon

The Stars, Like Dust
It seems that in 2012 we will have a classic Asimov novel turn into a movie. The movie "The End of Eternity" is in development (at least that's what imbd.com says).
It is very interesting because the novel is quite complicated, it is not easy to make a screenplay out of it.

It seems that in 2012 we will have a classic Asimov novel turn into a movie. The movie "The End of Eternity" is in development (at least that's what imbd.com says).
It is very interesting because the novel is quite complicated, it is not easy to make a screenplay out of it.

If it being made in Hollywood I will be very surprised if they remain faithfull to the original text. Sadly the film industry has a massive habbit of just using the title and the blurb as its main structure for the film - the remainded being the "writer and directors vision". Which mostly comes down to a loose rewriting of the content with added booms and bangs to draw the crowds in.

I hope I'm wrong by the way - I really do - because there are some faithfull adaptations on the bigscreen (SinCity is a good example) as well as some good rewritings of materail (LoTR) but overall things come out poor - (very poor if you take the example of The Golden Compass)