Torture of Cuillioc [spoliers]

norchie26

Dang! poor guy I was re-reading that last part of A Dark Sacrifice. It was so humiliating. I wonder if Ouriána had known that he was alive if she would have cared at all. I mean she did hope he would die in Mirizandi which is why she sent Iobhar right?

What was really going on in Mirizandi anyway? why did everybody decide to start sleeping around and forget about the mission?:eek: It was too easy so why could they not sense that they were walking into a trap?

She didn't exactly want him to die, she was simply being the kind of mother who says, "With your shield, or on it" -- success or death. When it happened, she did genuinely grieve, realizing that he meant more to her than she thought, but I'm sure she wouldn't have had that revelation if she knew he was alive. On the other hand, I am sure she would have been very angry to know that some petty little ruler had the audacity to hold her son captive. For that reason alone she would have rescued him, and gone on to make his life a total misery mentally and emotionally. Eventually, he would have committed suicide over the dishonor. Of course all bets are off on that now.

He and his men didn't go on to conquer the rest of the country because they were slowly being poisoned from the beginning and it affected their minds. You may remember that a lot of the time Cuillioc thought and acted like a man in a delirium. Once their judgement was impaired, it was easy for the the Mirazhites to distract them by offering them all the decadent temptations of the city.