Quest/Sagas suggestions

Walker

Skillgannon
Always looking for suggestions of good Saga's with
Hey Guys,

New to the forum! Just wondering if anyone can suggest some awesome books, preferably trilogies or more parts.

I sway towards quests and Sagas and at the moment am reading david billsboroughs annals of lindormyn and thats awesome and have read lots of feist and eddings.

Looking for something with necromancers, sorcery etc! with some epic characters! like druss!

Thanks!!!

More SF than Fantasy, what about the Amtrak Wars by Patrick Tilley? (Werthead did a review of the entire six book series in the review section of this forum.)

There are tonnes of Quest books out there I am sure...especially ones from the eighties it seems. I would recommend you try the Thomas Covenant books by Stephen Donaldson, the are also the Shannara Books by Terry Brooks ( I havent been able to get into those ones though)...For something most people probably havent read, I would highly recommend the Dragoncrown War Cycle books by Michael Stackpole, it starts with a prequel called Dark Glory War and continues in a trilogy. Very entertaining read and fufills the saga/quest very well.

Something even newer and more fresh would be Joe Abercrombies First Law trilogy. It is a very good read and has its own quest aspect while dealing with different characters and events.

Of course if you are just looking for a fantastic author to pick up, I would say grab Robin Hobb and hold on tight because you will be incapacitated for a while, because you wont want to leave home untill you have read all her books.

Happy reading and welcome

The Mark of Ran by Paul Kearney

The Last Witch by Andrezj Sapkowski, a collection of stories.

Nine Princes of Amber by Roger Zelazny

All those books are full of sorcery,epic characters if in somewhat different ways.

That is if you want more than the really generic fantasy authors.

Thanks a lot guys!

Theres enough suggestions there to keep me going, I have read all the Shannara books (Managed to get into them ;)) and they are awesome.

My dad actually has read all the Robin Hobbs too, something about living ships, sounds good, so I might try reading those!

I'll start looking for some of these titles on Amazon for cheap :)

Thanks again, and for the warm welcome!

Other than the Lord of the Rings which I assume you are aware of my favorite is:
The Deed of Paksenarrion trilogy by Elizabeth Moon

For something a little older you might try:
The Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy by Tad Williams

For a slightly more unusual read there is Michael Moorcock's Eternal Champion Cycle: the Elric books, the Hawkmoon books, and several other stand alone novels and sets.

I agree also, find the Zelazny Amber books

For something more recent there is Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series (and if you are interested in something slightly different from your paradigm Butcher's Harry Dresden books).

ya as someone said The Chronicles of Amber and you can get it all in one book (10-separate books) at Amazon quite a good deal. I'm so old I recall waiting for last few books to be written.

Also Thomas Covenant, I am currently re-reading this and it's OK but not as good as what I thought the first time.

My favorite still is The Lord of the Rings

Just remembered, Elric saga is quite good

Try Brent Weeks's Night Angel trilogy, really good stuff, oh and welcome!!

I have read the first 2 of these and was very impressed...the 3rd is sitting on my shelf waiting for me to pick it up, if only I could read all day...

Welcome to the forum, Walker :)

Hehe, threads like this make me remember how poorly read I am regarding sci-fi/fantasy compared to most here.