What SF&F Films/TV do you dislike that everyone else seems to love?

Pyan

Noli oblivisci linteum!
Staff member
Supporter
As a counterpoint to Rodder's thread...

Me? Firefly. Never been able to get into it...

I can't think of a single thing. Sure, there's stuff that i'm not into like Buffy etc, but even those i can watch and enjoy casually.

OK. The Prisoner. I couldn't get into that at all.

Lost,Heroes are too predictable,pointless shows to me.

Maybe because they are bad knock off's of quality books,superhero comics in the case of Heroes.

Never watched Lost, don't like Buffy, and didn't think Firefly was as good as everyone claimed.

Matrix and Matrix II -- didn't bother with III. They just spent too much time on FX and action, and not enough on story for my taste.

Battlestar Galactica. It just seemed like an extended American politics show with really nasty shakey-cam-vision.

Heh Battlestar Galactica was like a good SF book to me, thought provoking story,with quality characters.

Politics isnt a new thing in SF. The most influential of SF writer in last century wrote in alot of politics in his stories.

Babylon 5. Just didn't like it at all. Though chances are without that, Star Trek wouldn't have done DS9!

Also can't stand Lord of the Rings. Felt I was dying a long painful death in the cinema watching the first one. But then I don't like Fantasy stuff, and only saw it becasue it was not my choice.

Lost,Heroes are too predictable,pointless shows to me.

Maybe because they are bad knock off's of quality books,superhero comics in the case of Heroes.

Can't stand either one of those.

Or that frakkin' movie, Donnie Darko, if that counts. I hate that movie.

Actually I kinda liked Firefly (the movie) which was my one and only experience with the series.

What really bites are all these ridiculous vampire books and movies!

Next, are the books, movies, and tv series that have anything to do with dragons. Hoy!.. enough with the dragons already.

For me it must be the Harry Potter movies. Watched the first two and couldn't be bothered to watch the others. Now a get a lot of stick from my wife because all the other husbands take their wives to the cinema to see each new release in the Harry Potter franchise, except me. :( Sorry, but there are just some things which one should not expect of their spouse!

For me it must be the Harry Potter movies. Watched the first two and couldn't be bothered to watch the others. Now a get a lot of stick from my wife because all the other husbands take their wives to the cinema to see each new release in the Harry Potter franchise, except me. :( Sorry, but there are just some things which one should not expect of their spouse!
She should be thankful she is married to a man with good taste who will not waste his money by taking his wife to watch a kids film.

For me it must be the Harry Potter movies.
Me, too. Pointless, badly-acted adaptations of pointless, badly-written books.

Other than that, I'd have to say all five of the Superman movies, plus Smallville. Never could understand what everyone saw in them.

Oh, and I loathed the new Star Trek movie, too.

Seconding PJH with Lord of the Rings. Holy cow, was the first movie boring. (I do not feel compelled to see the next two, since the first one was so bad.)

Drag drag drag exposition talk drag drag drag FIGHT! drag drag angst talk drag... lather, rinse, repeat.