New Dune Movie?

The David Lynch film is a huge guilty pleasure of mine. The story was terribly told, sure, but the imagination that went into the visuals and the superb acting on the part of many cast members makes it a real delight. I'd be happy just with that. But it'd be great to have a Dune that worked as a story as well as an interesting visual piece. I just worry it would do murder to the story...Dune is a very hard book to adapt, which is why the 1984 version failed from the traditional standpoint.

Oh darn, I guess it's ok as we have a good 80's version and a new mini-series version that was closer to the book. But I was hoping they would up the ante in CGI and stuff etc. :(

Me too, the scifi channel's miniseries was good on following the story more closely but some of the acting & casting was duff - Lynch's film was cast fairly well (apart from the dire Sean Young) and looked wonderful... but had to dispense with hours of plot.

Will ever the twain meet? I live in hope!

i think there is on coming is 2014 .. but for me i wish the mack a equal for children of dune mine series .. especially there is much i didn't understand in god emperor .