Will Garion/Belgarion outlive Ce'nedra?

will garion's son actually get to be king, because if garion and ce'nedra are going to live for as long as belgarath then geran will have a long wait before he gets to be king?

Geran will be king in no time, as Garion will have a stroke soon. PFFFFT! Dead.

It would have been interesting to see BelGarion and Ce'Nedra step down from the throne in a way taht makes them disappear and become one of those forgotten legends only to ressuface in the later book series as mysterious party members.:rolleyes:

She lives longer, though people with the will and the word are said to have eternal life. However, it also states they live as long as they are needed.

Like clubfoot, he accidentally discovered it, but that was so he was able to live long enough to help Belgarath later on.

Garion is also told that he will live long enough to see Eriond change the world for the better, which implies he will die, just at a longer rate. C'nedra also lives only as long as her tree if she was dryad, though she's only half, so something has to be done about that (though if her temper continues, I'd cut the thing down myself)

She lives longer, though people with the will and the word are said to have eternal life. However, it also states they live as long as they are needed.

Like clubfoot, he accidentally discovered it, but that was so he was able to live long enough to help Belgarath later on.

Garion is also told that he will live long enough to see Eriond change the world for the better, which implies he will die, just at a longer rate. C'nedra also lives only as long as her tree if she was dryad, though she's only half, so something has to be done about that (though if her temper continues, I'd cut the thing down myself)

That Garion is told he'll live long enough to see Eriond change the world in no way actually implies his death - it is as simple as it sounds - he'll live at least that long. Theres no implication that he'll die soon after, nor for that matter how long it will take for Eriond to change the world. People being so resistant to change, meddling, and do-gooders (Eriond is the ultimate in passive do-gooders), as they are...

Ce'Nedra cannot be HALF a dryad. All dryads are born from human/dryad couplings (tho its also implied that males of other species can and have been used). Ran Borune (and the males of House Borune) is an abberition being a male descendent of a dryad (dryads do NOT have male offspring, according to BtS (or possibly PtS) and only with tampering was it possible), but since he married a dryad as well, Ce'Nedra (along with many of the women of House Borune) get Dryad from both sides of the family tree...

I'm not so sure that Dryads do not have male offspring. Since Belgarath mentioned that in the females the Dryad strain breeds true, that implies that if a dryad has a male child, its not a dryad.

I'd suspect that before the Borune line married into the Dryads, when it was "that time" for dryads, if they bore a male child, it was probably killed, or abandoned (same difference) as only dryads were important in the wood.

the "females breed true" line is in reference to the Borune females... not Dryads in general...
he also DOES mention (i cannot recall exactly where) that "normally a dryad would not have male offspring." prophecy tampered with the first Dryad to marry into the Borune family...

Aneurysm. PFFFFT! Dead. The strain of putting up with that ***** will be just too much (particularly after a childhood of being nagged to death by Polgara).

Sorry guys, it's not going to be a heart attack, stroke, or anything natural. Sooner or later he's going to realize how incredibly annoying, spoiled, etc. she is and tell her to "BE NOT!!". and we all know what happens then, POOF no Garion.

In a manner of speaking, I do think that Ce'Nedra's life is tied to the tree, but I actually think that one of the things that Beldaran's pendant did for Ce'Nedra is that since she married into the sorcerer's family (unlike Beldaran who married out, yeah I know that terminology is kind of gross) the pendant tied Ce'Nedra to Garion specifically. Maybe in the event of a murder this wouldn't work, but I think assuming that they have natural lives, that Garion and Ce'Nedra will live as long as each other. There's a reason that when Garion, Belgarath and Polgara put their hands on the pendant most of the power came from Garion and I think it's because Ce'Nedra and her Oak Tree are both tied to Garion's life (and I wonder if his life is tied to their's). It's possible, perhaps, that if assuming a dryad who has been attacked/poisoned is able to survive because her tree has been unharmed, then maybe the same is true of Ce'Nedra if Garion has been unharmed. And perhaps it works the other way as well, if Garion is sickened/attached maybe Ce'Nedra and her tree's life energy could help sustain him.

It makes one wonder, had Cyradis chosen Geran -the CoD to become a god- then could Garion or Ce'Nedra have killed him? Garion would be pushed towards the universe (which really doesn't make sense, why wasn't he all starry) and if Ce'Nedra's life is now connected to/intertwined with Garion's technically speaking she too would be moving with Garion, right?

Then when Garion dies from his aneurysm (PFFFFFT! Dead.), Ce'Nedra will die (ding-dong, the ***tch is dead...), and then little Geran (I guess he will always be little, since the series ended forever when he was a toddler), will be a king with a regency.

The Prophecy says that Garion will live to see Eriond become the god of all the peoples, I reckon he'll live long enough to see that happen by forcing him down the necks of the Alorns and that Eriond knowing that Garion will do this will help him be happy by keeping Ce'Nedra with him until afterwards where upon Garion will go back to the Dryad forest where upon locating Ce'Nedra's tree he will transform them both into trees similar to what Beldin did with him and Vella only the tree as that has more significance to them and I can't see Ce'Nedra being willing to live her life as a wolf.

What I'm more interested in is just how does Ce'/X'Nedra fit and X into Beldaran?

not because of anger. Garion will go pffft because he's chopping all that firewood every time Ce'Nedra is in labour. THAT"S when that little blood vessel goes. I mean he's going to be chopping firewood for two or three thousand years. That can wear a body down.
And where are they going to plant those three thousand oak trees for Garion's three thousand daughters? Riva is a fairly small island!?
Garion's going to have a bigger problem arranging all those marriages then Zakath did trying to find homes for the kittens. I think he's going to have to have some kind of contest, or giveaway;
ALL NEW RIVA CEREAL!!! FREE PRINCESS IN EVERY BOX!!
( but who would be silly enough to buy it?)

Last edited:
The Prophecy says that Garion will live to see Eriond become the god of all the peoples, I reckon he'll live long enough to see that happen by forcing him down the necks of the Alorns and that Eriond knowing that Garion will do this will help him be happy by keeping Ce'Nedra with him until afterwards where upon Garion will go back to the Dryad forest where upon locating Ce'Nedra's tree he will transform them both into trees similar to what Beldin did with him and Vella only the tree as that has more significance to them and I can't see Ce'Nedra being willing to live her life as a wolf.

What I'm more interested in is just how does Ce'/X'Nedra fit and X into Beldaran?

my best guess would have to be X'Beldarin and or BelX'darin.
personally I think that Ce'Nedra's temper qualifies as a magic power in and of itself :eek:...either that or a natural disaster along the lines of that movie 2012. You see Garion has to have the orb of Aldur AND sorcerous powers just to keep up with her. I think Eriond really should have married her instead. he was the only one that could calm her down. ( but that would have made Ce'Nedra immortal...I would have pretended to be a four year old for umpity dozen years too if it would have meant escaping that fate... all hail the wisdom of Eriond); I think Eriond gave the orb to Garion because he knew what it was going to be like for him. Talk about a booby prize .
:rolleyes: as for pppppffft- dead? if I was Garion and I had to abide with that, I think I would start thinking of a retirement plan; like maybe immigrating to maragor once all those nubile taiba alikes start populating the place. Maybe get vella to open up a dance school there. and find bethra's secret diary and publish it, thereby forever eliminating the threat of greedy tolnedrans. or maybe he would retire to the dryad woods. I wouldn't be changing into a tree there though. ;)

belgarion is a sorcerer like belgarath so he will live easily as long as belgarath(several thousand years) and ce'nedra being a dryad will only live for at most 1000approx years.

in short yes

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B David Eddings 3
L David Eddings 11
Elyssandrel David Eddings 42