Stargate Universe. Anyone interested in this?

It aired here last Friday. It was a very good episode. I wont reveal anything, but it even managed to shock me once or twice.

was VERY happy with the return. Loved that first stand off and the one word response. Also LOVED the Aliens and more ideas that go into spoilers. Maybe need a thread for this episode when a few more have seen it.

It was my favorite episode of the season thus far. Finally the stones were more than just an annoying plot device!

Well, they win me over at the end of Season 1 and I'm counting to see Season 2 this Tuesday. Hopefully it will begin with the intensity it ends and stay bringing more action. Crossing fingers!

Two episodes in and it feels like they are heading back to the right track but I don't know. It's not that I didn't enjoy the season ender but I did feel like it was a detour from the main story I grew to love in the first season. New questions are starting to grow and new tensions building. So far with season 2 it's like I like all the pieces but they are fitting them together a little awkwardly. My favorite part so far was all the questions asked during Rush's secret time (to keep it spoiler free).

Is getting there slowly, I'm looking forward to Awakening. It sounds like a great episode, hopefully it will be. Definitely looking forward to more background of the Ancients connection with Destiny etc. Also love that they left some Alliance members in the ship, hopefully they will be recurring characters.

Im just getting chance to watch this. Seems a bit slow getting into the swing of things, and Im up to episode 6......
I liked the first Stargate series the best to be honest, not sure about these other versions

Seeing as the series has finished: SPOILERS ABOUND (for all SG series)!

How strange for this thread to be bumped today! I started watching Stargate at the beginning of April, and went through all of SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe, finishing just last night.

As much as I loved SG-1 and Atlantis, towards the end they were just so samey. Atlantis was SG-1 in another galaxy, and you could have taken any one character out of either show and put them in the other, and nothing would have changed. Sure, the team dynamics in the first few series of SG-1 were really good, but it grated on me that new actors and faces simply assumed, for all intents and purposes, the same character as their predecessor. The only character I can think of who was totally different is Vala, and she didn't really appear at a great time...

SGU, on the other hand, was completely different, and I think that's why I enjoyed it so much (out of the three series, I'd say that SGU is my favourite). I will say, though, that that not having a real "enemy", despite the rather fun, non-English speaking, recurring alien species, meant that SGU lacked some structure, and it became particularly evident when Rush turned from being the shady scientist with a hidden agenda, to being a reluctant team player.