August's Photo Challenge

Sephiroth, those photos are great. It's quite amazing how different the building looks in the differing weather. I know it's the same building, but...

I really like Culs shot,a great study in B/W but it didn't really say Time to me you know? So I voted for Wy who's shot of the book definitely did say Time. But guys,where is everyone? We need more members joining in!

I voted for Larry. I loved both of his shots: the watches, and especially the old street scene...and they really said 'Time' to me.

And I agree, Larry. It's a shame more people didn't join in.

Sephiroth, those photos are great. It's quite amazing how different the building looks in the differing weather. I know it's the same building, but...

Thanks, Rodders! Both the middle and bottom shots are high dynamic range (HDR) images, composed of three shots at different exposure levels, merged in order to try and reproduce the vivid colours and contrast of the original scene. The top (night) one is a thirty-second exposure.

...and don't forget, as a Chrons member, you're allowed to cast your vote! :D

I went with Bookstop this month.

Everyone did a really great job this month and I would just like to say that it is great to see how everyone is improving since we started these challenges over a year ago. Well done everyone :)

Well Mr. AE35Unit I thought your first pic of the watches was the best...so I'm voting for that one.

EDIT: Looks like I may have bumped you into the lead. If you win you owe me a beer Stanley.... ;)

Congrats, Mr. Unit! A well-deserved win. Looking forward to seeing your theme! ^_^

And yes, it would be great if we could get more entrants. Come on, Chronners! Get snapping! ;)

Hey its still a great shot. In fact I could see that framed on a wall!

Agreed. It was the one I almost voted for.

Congratulations Larry!

I have been thinking on how we could get more people to be involved, and this is just a suggestion mind you.
In the forums for my 3d stuff the challenge entries arent voted on, the subject for the challenge is voted on and people are allowed to enter as much as they like and they can also request critique on how to improve and people will comment on them.

Perhaps at the end of the next challenge we take suggestions for a subject and vote on that rather than on a winner. Taking away the competitive nature of the challenge might make more people intersted in joining in.