Three New Books I Have.

Ross

Born For The Greater Good
I have three new books that were given to me today but can't see anything on here about them or the authors.

All three look interesting but I thought I'd see if you guys have any info on them.

I got:

Angel Stations by Gary Gibson - this is a stand alone book of his.

Fairyland by Paul J. Mcauley - this is also a stand alone book I believe and says it won the Arthur C. Clarke award on the front of the book.

The Ring of Five Dragons; volume one of The Pearl Saga by Eric Van Lustbader - the first book of a three book saga.

Anyone read any of these and are they worth reading at some point down the line when I've finished the rest I have in line?

Thanks guys.

Tillane

Left-minded
It is indeed, AE. And a very good book to boot - but then I would say that, as I'm a big fan of McAuley's work.;)

dask

dark and stormy knight
The Ring of Five Dragons; volume one of The Pearl Saga by Eric Van Lustbader - the first book of a three book saga.

Anyone read any of these and are they worth reading at some point down the line when I've finished the rest I have in line?

Thanks guys.

Lustbader's supposed to be pretty good. He's in the SF Encyclopedia by Clute/Nicholls but writes, as far as I know, mostly mainstream type thrillers on the violent side.

Lenny

Press "X" to admire hat

I've read one of Lustbader's books - The Veil of a Thousand Tears (the second book in The Pearl Saga). It was a few years back, but I can remember enjoying it, though there was a lot that I didn't understand (comes from starting in the middle of a saga, methinks).

He's a decent author.

gully_foyle

Here kitty kitty kitty!
I'm reading Fairyland at the moment. It's typical cyberpunk fare, computers, designer drugs, crime syndicates, dystopian near future. It's okay.