Fan Fiction Challenge!

dwndrgn

Fierce Vowelless One
I've never attempted to write fan fiction (heck, I've never attempted to write anything really) but I know it is a popular way to A)practice writing and B)pay tribute to authors and characters and stories we enjoy. So, while this could be educational it should also be fun.

So, that being said, let's give some fan fiction a whirl. Obviously you will have to have read something by the author and know the character so I'll pick one that is pretty well known. How about a trip to the Mended Drum by Pratchett's Death.

Since it's almost three am here and I just finished a long shift, I'll do my part tomorrow when I've got some time to think.

Hmm...

I take you up on your challenge.

So, you want a short story which involves Death and the Mended Drum? Can I involve some wizards/Watch as well?

I would never try to write using disc world, or pratchett style, i'm just not that sort of writer, but this was posted in L space by pratchett on fan fiction:
I don't actually object to fan fiction, which by its very nature uses copyrighted and trademarked material, provided that it's put somewhere where I don't trip over it (so not to a.f.p. or a.b.p, please) isn't done for money, and isn't passed off as 'official' in any way. I can't really object to people writing their own DW scenarios, etc, for other gamers - the problems would only begin if they got too proprietorial about them.

Everything works if people are sensible.

Terry Pratchett
alt.books.pratchett
23 Jan 1999

Look forward to reading some:cool:

zorca - it's your story, write whatever you like.

And Ivy, thanks for the info. Since this is just for fun and practice it is highly unlikely that Pratchett will be perusing this forum in his spare time, I think we'll be ok.

Back