Cast of GOING POSTAL announced

KHowell

Sky1 have announced the cast for their adaptation of Going Postal. Richard Coyle (Coupling) will star as Moist Von Lipwig, David Suchet (Agatha's Christie's Poirot) is Reacher Gilt, Charles Dance (Bleak House) is Lord Vetinari and Claire Foy (Little Dorrit) will play Adora Belle Dearheart. Production has started filming in Hungary and it will air in 2010 over Easter on Sky1.

Dance is an excellent choice for Vetenari. Looking forward to this , far more so than the previous attempts. I do think The Last Hero is a movie waiting to be made.

Btw considering how popular selling are Pratchett's books, I'm suprised Hollywood has not attempted to create a movie. How popular is Terry in the US of States?

Yay - i love Richard Coyle and although I haven't read Going Postal, I may have to now :)

Terry Pratchett is very popular int he States, but he'd have to be int he top 3 for HW to notice. Not mainstream enough.

Wow i never even realised it was being filmed! Not read this one,I'm sure we have it.
No David Jason in the cast tho,thats not right. I love Jason in whatever he does.

I have to agree Charles Dance is perfect for Ventinari

and i'm glad David Jason isn't in this one :p