The Greatest Jedi of All

Calis said:
how do you know all that?

also Freedon Nadd was mentioned in KOTOR II, who was he if you know? (love that name)

But I still think Yoda would beat them all. Yoda didnt die, Exar Kun did (albeit twice, twice as bad then) and I am not sure about the dude with 6 Lightsabres.

i love the sw universe and seem to be a walking sw and st encyclopedia

Freedon Nadd a sith lord who lived 4,400 before ROTJ. he studied as a jedi on ossus he turned to the dark side because he was told by the jedi masters that he could not become a jedi knight, Enraged with their decision, he turned on them and struck down Jedi Master Matta Trenayne. he fled to yavin 4 and found naga sadow in suspendid animation. sadow taught him and he eventually killed sadow. he also controled the massasi race on yavin 4 (the people who built the temples)

master Derak fell was one of the early jedi around 500 years after the founding of the order.

Yaddle is pretty cool. Ko Ploon, he's just too baddass to breath anyone elses air.
Yoda is undoubtedly the greatest jedi, but my top 6 favourites have to be:
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu
Anakin
Yoda
Ki Adi Mundi
Kit Fisto

alexhurry said:
Yaddle is pretty cool. Ko Ploon, he's just too baddass to breath anyone elses air.
Yoda is undoubtedly the greatest jedi, but my top 6 favourites have to be:
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu
Anakin
Yoda
Ki Adi Mundi
Kit Fisto

I love it when some people know what they are talking about, except dont u spell it Plo Koon.

Can somebody explain to me the "levels?" of jedi. I dont remember what its called, but i know Mace Windu uses a dangerous one that is really close to the dark side and only the best can use it.I think thats why he is the only one with the awesome purple lightsaber.

Oops, I always get Plo Koon mixed up, lol.
Anyway, Mace Windu is the creator of the seventh style of lightsaber combat Vaapad, it has only ever been mastered by his former Padawan Depa Billaba and Sora Bulq the lightsaber instructor.
Vaapad taps into Windu's Dark side abilities but doesn't fully use them, that is why he holds his lightsaber like a heavy sword and swings it heavily.

Oh and I'm not entirely sure that there is any reason to his purple lightsaber. Samuel.L.Jackson was presented with the diferent colours he could choose from and asked Lucas if he could have a purple one. Obvious what the answer was!

i would get either a purple one or orange one.

Can yall tell me about the other styles and what one Yoda uses?

Form 1: Shii-Cho

Form 2: Makashi
Form 3: Soresu
Form 4: Ataru
Form 5: Shien / Djem So
Form 6: Niman
Form 7: Juyo/Vaapad
Form 8: Sokan
Form 9: Shien
Form 10: Niman / Jar'Kai
Form "Zero" (training form)
Tràkata

sith style
Dun möch

Yoda and Qui-Gon Jinn both use form 4: Atura or the way of the hawk-bat

Form 1: As the weapons technology of the lightsabre was developed, the need for a form of combat arose. Thus Form 1, also called Way of the Sarlacc, was born. Ancient sword-fighting traditions held key principles of blade combat that were implemented by early jedi Masters in the rather basic technical tactics of Form 1.

Form 2:After Form 1's proliferation as a saber combat technique, Form 2, or Way of the Ysalamiri, came about as a means of lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat. It is described as being very elegant, powerful, and requiring extreme precision, allowing the user to attack and defend with minimal effort, while his opponent tires himself out. The form relies on parries, thrusts, and small, precise cuts - as opposed to the blocking and slashing of the other forms. The blade manipulation required for this form is very refined and requires much focus, but the results are extremely potent. However, as ranged weapons such as blasters come into play, or more than one opponent is present, the advantages of this form become obsolete.

Form 3: the Way of the Mynock, was originally developed to counteract the advancing blaster technology throughout the galaxy. Those to whom the Jedi were mainly opposed usually wielded blasters now; the Jedi needed to find a method to defend that could not be replicated or be counteracted by the Jedi's blaster-wielding enemies.

Form 4: In dire situations, Form 4 practitioners usethe Force to aid in their acrobatics. Spinning, jumping and running very fast and very high, masters of Form IV are sometimes only seen as a blur. In order to achieve the acrobatic prowess, amazing reflexes and physical punch of this form, a Jedi Master would focus on the Force, letting it flow deeply throughout his entire physicality, even allowing him to overcome the limitations of old age. Due to it's aggressive nature, it is an effective form to use against single enemies.

Form 5: maintains its existence through having sufficient defensive skills, as derived from Form 3, but channeling defense into offense. The example is commonly used that while Form 3 combatants effortlessly deflect laser bolts, Form 5 practitioners excel at redirecting the laser bolt toward the opponent. This simultaneously defends the user and efficiently injures the opponent. As well, it employs a basic form of Form 2's parries, allowing the user to parry the attempted attack, and counter it. It is different from Form 3 in the fact that practictioners of form 5 will press the assault, using wide, sweeping blows in an attempt to overwhelm the opponent with brute strength. The aggressive philosophy of Form 5 is the source of many a Jedi's disapproval.

Form 6: Form 6 attempts to balance all elements of lightsaber combat, combining the Forms that came before into a less intensely demanding combat style. The result is that the users' skill in each individual areas of lightsaber combat is only moderate, making Form 6 well suited for diplomats, as they can spend their time training in the areas of politics and negotiation instead of combat training.

Form 7: Dubbed the Way of the Vornskr, Form 7 was an incomplete form for millennia. It was further developed by Jedi Master Mace Windu, who could complete it with his Vaapad fighting style. The most challenging and demanding of all forms, Form 7 requires intense focus, high levels of skill, and mastery of other forms. Only three Jedi have ever mastered Vaapad fully: Mace Windu, Deba Billaba, and Sora Bulq.

Form 8: Developed by the ancient Jedi Knights during the Great Sith War, Sokan combined tactics that allowed for evasion and mobility with the kinetic motions of Form 4 combat. Sokan involved swift strokes of the lightsaber, which were aimed towards the opponent's vital areas in addition to quick tumbles and movements. Combatants made use of large amounts of terrain, trying to maneuver their opponents into vulnerable areas during the course of battles that involved Sokan techniques.

Form 9: Shien uniquely involves a Jedi holding the lightsaber horizontally. The Jedi pointed the end of the blade at the opponent; it was swung in a fast arc while the Jedi punched his or her saber-hand at his or her opposing combatant, in a stabbing motion. In the game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, Master Zez-Kai Ell teaches the Exile this form if the Exile is either a Jedi Guardian or a Jedi Sentienel. (This is not to be confused with Form 5: Shien / Djem So.)

Form 10: The dual saber Niman permitted a Jedi to fight with two lightsabers, one in each hand, as seen in Attack of the clones by Anakin Skywalker. One of the blades in the wielder's hands was used for attacking while the other one was used for defending, such as parrying, or for more offensive power. Many Jedi trained to use the Niman style in the hopes of gaining a basic knowledge of the dual-bladed attack, but very few Jedi ever totally mastered Niman

Form 'Zero': Not an actual form of lightsaber combat per se, Form Zero is the idea that a Jedi should know when to use their lightsaber and when to find another means to solve a problem. This was defined by Master Yoda to address the need of the Jedi to restrain themselves when tempted to use "Aggressive Negotiations," and instead use another well-developed Jedi skill, such as the Jedi mind trick.

Dun möch:The Sith aimed to completely dominate an opponent's spirit through whatever means possible by employing their own lightsaber combat doctrine. Dun möch commonly involved spoken taunts, jeers, and jests that exposed the opponent's hidden, inner weaknesses and/or doubts. Other variations on dun möch involved usage of the Force to throw large, weighty objects at the Sith's opponent during combat, which both distracts the opponent from the battle and could potentially cause damage

Okay folks - I just removed a load of crap from this thread, especially where personal insults are concerned.

I'd just like to remind everyone that the chronicles network has a Code of Conduct and I expect people to take some time and effort to adhere to it - that means personal insults are not acceptable.

If you can't keep to the Code of Conduct voluntarily, then it may be enforced regardless, and offending members may find they lost the ability to post on this site.

The chronicles network is a family-friendly site, intended to be a friendly and welcoming community for people to discuss science fiction and fantasy with like-minded others. It is not a place to make personal insults or attacks on other members.

If anyone should feel that they are being personally attacked in some way, then please do PM myself and I'll be happy to look into it.

In the meantime, I'd like to see this thread continue without my having to step in and babysit again.

I said:
Okay folks - I just removed a load of crap from this thread, especially where personal insults are concerned.

I'd just like to remind everyone that the chronicles network has a Code of Conduct and I expect people to take some time and effort to adhere to it - that means personal insults are not acceptable.

If you can't keep to the Code of Conduct voluntarily, then it may be enforced regardless, and offending members may find they lost the ability to post on this site.

The chronicles network is a family-friendly site, intended to be a friendly and welcoming community for people to discuss science fiction and fantasy with like-minded others. It is not a place to make personal insults or attacks on other members.

If anyone should feel that they are being personally attacked in some way, then please do PM myself and I'll be happy to look into it.

In the meantime, I'd like to see this thread continue without my having to step in and babysit again.

Yode kicks ass

I know I, Brian removed one of my posts. I just feel i have to explain incase some of the members felt like i was abusing them.

I just meant that the Star Wars fans scare me because they actually find the time to work out 7 or so sabre techiniques and then write a bit about them.

No problem, Calis - it was as much returning the thread on topic and your comment was simply at the end of a string of material I felt I had to remove. A number of members were sent PM's about the behviour on this thread, but you were not one of them.

Actually, my apologies to all for not picking up on the behaviour on this thread sooner, and thus being able to defuse everything at the start. The fact that the thread rolled on as it did was entirely because I failed to notice what was going on here.

Anyway...as to greatest Jedi - in the original trilogy, Yoda was always given a special aura of awe and respect...

Unfortunately, this did not carry well in the first three films.

I said:
Actually, my apologies to all for not picking up on the behaviour on this thread sooner, and thus being able to defuse everything at the start. The fact that the thread rolled on as it did was entirely because I failed to notice what was going on here.

No nead to apologies Its not your fault and most people would back me up on that. :)

I said:
Anyway...as to greatest Jedi - in the original trilogy, Yoda was always given a special aura of awe and respect...

Unfortunately, this did not carry well in the first three films.

I think they made a mistake with Yoda by having him die in ROTJ, but having him as a kick ass, energetic sabre a$$ kicker 20 years before hand in ATOC and ROTS.

He was what? 800 years old? but in a span of 20 years he went from an almost spring chicken (when he fought) to an old man.

Back