Alastair Reynolds secures £1 million contract for his next 10 novels

Good news, I've read a lot of Reynolds stuff and and enjoyed them. Ten more, woohoo.

Has anyone heard anything about Alastair's next release?

His own blog pages says that he has finished the follow-up to BRE and it's being edited for release later this year...let's just hope starts to expand the Revelation Space universe, and maybe a follow up to Terminal World

Given that a certain Michael Owen (soon to leave my beloved Toon) has been collecting more than Reynolds' proposed annual salary on a weekly basis - mostly for sitting on either bench or treatment table - I second that statement, Ursa. He's cheap at a twelfth the price.:p;)

Yeah, feet are so much more expensive than brains, even though they can stink or grow fungus. In any alien's point of view, men on Earth must be truly, hopelessly insane.

Each to their own?

Reynolds probably isn't very good at kicking a ball, and the footballer (considering the intellect required for his job) likely can't read. As the lack of ball-control skills will be considered (by the unthinking masses) the most heinous deficiency of the two, the reason for the income disparity becomes obvious - the world is run by idiots.

Actually the world is probably run by psychopaths.

I'm really looking forward to more Reynolds. Even if Terminal World was a total dud. No idea what he was smoking when he wrote it, but certainly didn't do any good.

I hope we'll get some more of the House of Suns universe though, I found that amazing and fascinating.

Each to their own?

Reynolds probably isn't very good at kicking a ball, and the footballer (considering the intellect required for his job) likely can't read. As the lack of ball-control skills will be considered (by the unthinking masses) the most heinous deficiency of the two, the reason for the income disparity becomes obvious - the world is run by idiots.

Actually the world is probably run by psychopaths.

What you are saying here is that the masses are idiots and psychopaths because they are running things in the sense that what they choose to purchase or spend their time on results in this pay differential you refer to.

What you are saying here is that the masses are idiots and psychopaths because they are running things in the sense that what they choose to purchase or spend their time on results in this pay differential you refer to.

He is saying that, and I agree with him.