cover of Assassin's Apprentice

Blood Wake

I just finished Assassin's Apprentice for the first time reading anything by Robin Hobb. I loved it so much that I bought the entire Farseer trilogy already. but the paperback cover that was on my good doesn't make sense at all. I tried posting a picture with this topic but it doesn't seem to let me. has anyone else looked at this cover and thought that it was really stupid?

if that man standing next to Fitz is Chade and the dog on the other side of him is Nosy, and the place they are in front of is Buckkeep, none of the details in the cover make sense. thoughts?

and please don't tell me anything that happens in any other book. though I bought the whole trilogy I promised myself I wouldn't read Royal Assassin until my school semester is over because whenever I was doing my much needed studying for school, I would think about Fitz and wonder what he was up to. lol. I'd read Assassin's Apprentice much more than I would my study books.

Welcome to the Chrons, Blood Wake!

You've insufficient posts to link or post a picture as yet, as it says in the Forum Rules - but as it's really needed for your post, here's the picture in question...

apprentice.jpg

I've always thought that cover was more faithful than most. Have you just noticed for the first time that most cover art gets the details wrong? At least in this one you can tell who the characters are supposed to be. I've seen plenty of books where the cover either has nothing to do with the story at all, or is so generic it could go on practically any book.

(And that's a Michael Whelan cover. He is one cover artist who actually reads the books. And although I am very, very happy with the very accomplished gentleman who is doing the art for my books right now, if I ever had a Michael Whelan cover I would be thrilled beyond measure.)

righto righto. I'm just wondering if anyone else is bugged by it since Chade never met Nosy. and Nosy was never at buckkeep at that age

I've got a different cover, but I do dislike it when the cover is at odds with the content.

righto righto. I'm just wondering if anyone else is bugged by it since Chade never met Nosy. and Nosy was never at buckkeep at that age

It doesnt really bug me...the cover can just represent things in the book but I dont think they have to be freeze frames of a particular point in the story.

I would have prefered to have Chade in the shadows, watching...maybe a painted fool in the background holding "Ratsy" and Molly Nosebleed walking down a street holding a basket.

I think it would have worked.