Whoo hoo My first publication!

Well done Dusty! If you fly fast enough we will latch on to your thermals and - who knows, maybe the Chrons will be full of success stories.

But till that day dawns - congratulations!!!!!:D

Not bad , though It has me wonder about your story, seeing as nearly half of the anticipated word count gets spent in the title :p

Not bad , though It has me wonder about your story, seeing as nearly half of the anticipated word count gets spent in the title :p

LOL! Well the title could be 15 words or less, and then the story no more than 100 words separate from the title. To keep the word count down in the story, I used science shorthand for genetic code. (I'm a nerd, I read a lot, I know these things, for some stupid reason.)

Thank you everyone for your warm congratulations! I'm so excited about this! And yeah, I hope this is a tiding of more goodies to come!

Its cool because after, oh, I don't know, FOUR YEARS of denials and tons of scrapped stuff, I get published and a request for other work. I guess I just had to find my like-minded niche , you know, other crazy people (and, practice, practice, practice) LOL!

My "drabbler" which is a form of flash fiction of 100 words, has been accepted!
The story, "How Many Times Have We Been Told Not To Genetically Hack The Mitochondria? Seriously, Dude", has been accepted for publication! It will appear in Issue 14: When Genetic Experiments Go Bad, which will be published in July 2009!

You can purchase this, and a lot of other really super awesome stuff, from

Anthologies

When it becomes available in July!

The editor, who is really nice, also asked if I had other work that I could send in!

I'm really excited since this is my first fiction print acceptance, even tho its just a tiny story its really neat!

Congratulations! It's a great feeling.

Congratulations! I'm sure this the first of many, many more publications to come. :)

I've never really done the short stories, but fair play and congratulations. I can't even fathom being able to write something in 100 words or less -in fact this post must be getting quite near to that amount already!