Can any one replace Hugh Jackman?

tisha_b

Science fiction fantasy
Which other hollywood actor do you think would have done justice to the character of Wolverine if not Hugh Jackman?

kythe

Supporter
I've never seen Hugh Jackman in anything other than X-men films, so he *is* Wolverine to me. I think he did a fantastic job and I can't picture anyone else in that role.

Interference

Destroyer of Words
Short and stocky, feisty, annoying (in the comics), it has to be Ricky Gervais, doesn't it (I mean, come on)?

Or possibly Tom Cruise.

And, ST, I think Colin Farrell has enough difficulties speaking with a semi-acceptable American accent as it is without having to master the subtleties of Canadian :eek:

Dozmonic

The look can be recreated on anybody so it's the temprement you're after. Anger is what comes through for the most part, so... Christian Bale on the terminator set? ;-)

Shadow Trooper

Fides, Spero Fidelitasque
We all have ability - The difference is how we use
Short and stocky, feisty, annoying (in the comics), it has to be Ricky Gervais, doesn't it (I mean, come on)?

Or possibly Tom Cruise.

And, ST, I think Colin Farrell has enough difficulties speaking with a semi-acceptable American accent as it is without having to master the subtleties of Canadian :eek:

I thought growling a lot was considered more universal than region specific?

Grrrrr! *English*

Grrrrr-rrr! *Canadian*

Wow :eek: You're right, it is different, I stand corrected LOL :p

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
I like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. I'm sure other actors could have pulled it off, but the one I know for sure who could *not*, is Tom Cruise. Seriously? The guy is boring. My shoes have better acting chops.

(( also, I'm shifting this thread over to the X-Men subsection ))

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I think a younger Jack Nicholson would have been a good Wolverine. I can't think of anyone else of the right age who would fit better than Hugh Jackman.

Culhwch

Lost Boy
Throw Robert Pattinson in there. At least you'd get a healthy audience of teenaged girls....

I'd have been interested to see what Dougray Scott, who was first cast in the role, could have done. He's got to be kicking himself now. 'Mission Impossible II? What I was I thinking!'

Anne Spackman

I like Dougray Scott, and maybe he would have been good in this role, but I think Jackman has really made the character his own, and I can't imagine anyone else playing Wolverine now.