Fantasy Tennis Anyone?

Uh oh. I think I've lost now. Unless Venus, Roddick and Haas all lose I suspect Legal Beagles will overtake me :(

Damnit, it's like conceding an 89th minute goal :p

LOL! The worst thing about this from my perspective is ... the Leagle Beagle is my wife!!! I hate it when she wins. She crows for weeks ... years even. :(

On the plus side, it does mean that the prizes stay in the house and I won't have to buy another copy of the Hunger Games! ;)

It's not over yet, though. We'll wait and see what the final scores bring.

Nah, it's over. If Roddick had lost I'd've had a fighting chance but not now. Well. Maybe if Federer beats Roddick. And Roddick doesn't win any games at all. And Venus has her worst game of the tournament.

I feel like a mug for not taking on both Williams' sisters. Ah well. Ferrero, Hewitt and Haas were all good picks, though my women's team was a collection of shockers.

Congrats to your cleverclogs wife :)

It is interesting though just how rubbish our women's teams were, whereas some of the men's teams were quite good.

I hope we can do this for the US Open as well. Even though I lost near the end it was quite fun. I'll just have to do without my fashionable hat/Bugatti Veyron.

Still surprised Murray didn't beat Roddick. It wasn't a dead cert by any stretch, but Murray's the better player. I suspect Federer will remind Roddick what it feels like to lose a Wimbledon final. Shame both can't win, I like Roddick, but also want Federer to keep breaking records.

I suspect Federer will remind Roddick what it feels like to lose a Wimbledon final. Shame both can't win, I like Roddick, but also want Federer to keep breaking records.

I agree fully with that. I want Roddick to win it, cos I think he deserves something. I also want Federer to win cos he's one of my favourite players and I want him to win as many as possible.

I will do it for the US Open as well if we can.

I see the Legal Beagles pipped you at the post, Thaddeus. Sorry about that ... REALLY sorry!!!

I'll be sure to post something up here if I run another one.

Impressed with Roddick's decency and dignity in defeat. I really hope he can win the US Open.

The Legal Beagles was ahead of me marginally since maybe the quarters. If those or the semis had gone my way it would've been incredibly close, but after the quarters I would've needed everything to be perfect for me to win.

I hope we can do it again, and hopefully I'll pick some decent women next time.

Just been checking, and the US Open version's up: Tennis For Free's Dream Team

Weird, my account doesn't seem to be working. I wonder if I need to re-register? Tried getting my password back but it didn't recognise my e-mail address.

Even odder, my e-mail accounts don't have any record of e-mails sent (presumably they would be automatically on registration) even if you have to re-register for each Slam...

Last edited:
Ah, just seen this on the main page: This is the US Open dreamteam and whether you are new to tffdreamteam.com or have played previous editions you will need to register again and pick your mens & ladies teams.

I've picked my provisional team now. The men's team seems strong once again. The women's team should do well in the later rounds. That's the theory anyway.

Yeah I've got mine sorted too. A difficulty I faced again was wanting the best players then having peanuts to spend on my remaining slots.

Decided not to go for either Williams sister. I suspect that's either very stupid or extremely cunning.

Can't be long until the US Open starts.... are we going to set up a mini-league?

I'm hoping that Mark is going to step in and take charge. Otherwise noe of us could set it up I suppose.

Yeah, me too. I think it starts tomorrow though.

Decided against setting one up, it's only 2 hours or so until the tournament starts and people would need to both read the post, join the group and have me accept them, so not sure that would happen.

We can just keep track here though.

Reasonably good start. Klijsters, Federer, Stosur, Pennetta and Isner all through. De Los Rios (chosen for cheapness and because the name sounded good) went out with a solitary point though.

Total points: 125 Men's points: 59 Women's points: 66

Overall position: joint 98th Men's position: joint 122nd Women's position: joint 88th

Sorry I didn't get organised for this one. Was a bit busy with other things. Will make sure I do another league for some of next year's tournaments, though.

Np :)

By the way, did you make a team yourself? I'm not bothered about prizes or anything but it'd be fun to see who does best. I'm a little more hopeful of my women's team this time around.