ST TNG: Great Episodes.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
I was thinking back on this series on the way into work and it struck me how good the writing was at the time. It's what? 20 years old now? Yet if you look at episodes such as the Offspring, i-Borg, the best of both worlds, the Inner Light Etc, they all hold up even now as some of the best telly ever.

Sorry to liven up an old TV thread, but i wondered what others thought. (Also, i don't want classic TV Sci-Fi to die. :p )

Sins of the Father is my favorite. I watched all of TNG in chronological order. It was a great experience. Too bad I sold off my dvds sets and now can't afford them again.

Here's to hoping they arrive on blu ray!

The Inner Light was one of my favorites too. I really liked Masks also. Masaka is Waking!

Wayyyyy back when i was still in school i used to come home and watch TNG everyday, i don't know episode names or stuff like that but i loved the show, thinking back the ones that stand out for me were when Picard was made into a Borg (lacutus?) also the one when a scientist tried to have Data shut down so he could examine him and make more like him, the Klingon ones were always good, the one when No.1 swapped ships and when Worf was on trial i seem to remember were good episodes.

Yesterdays Enterprise That is my favorite Next Generation episode . It was an interesting way to bring back Tasha Yar . Loved the Ambassador Class Enterprise Rachel Garrett and Lt Castile.(y)

Yeah, I liked it that they brought Tasha back. That was big of them. She disappeared like she was a human sacrifice made for the sake of admitting to the reality of death. I hated it that they did that, didn't like when Daniel disappeared for a season from SG1 due to his death. So it was an improved episode, "Yesterday's Enterprise".

Best of Both Worlds (Pt 1)

Love the episodes mentioned so far.

Would like to add "Tapestry", "Skin of Evil" and "Encounter at Farpoint"

Almost all of the episodes with John De Lancey as Q are entertaining, him and Picard have a great love/hate Starship Captain/omniscient being sort of a relationship. I enjoyed him far less in Voyager.

One of my favourites is Family. I liked how they showed the stress and trauma of being borged affected him and how far he still needed to come in order to feel himself again. I also liked his brother and 'uncle'.
Yes, that was nice after his release from the Borg possession. I felt relief watching that one. I also liked how he maintained his will better than others during this ordeal--I felt admiration for him for the first time.

Love the episodes mentioned so far.

Would like to add "Tapestry", "Skin of Evil" and "Encounter at Farpoint"

Almost all of the episodes with John De Lancey as Q are entertaining, him and Picard have a great love/hate Starship Captain/omniscient being sort of a relationship. I enjoyed him far less in Voyager.
At least his appearance in Voyager showed he was still around.

Can't remember the episode name, but the one where they accidently break the Prime Directive because Riker got hit by a car and had to be taken to hospital where they discovered he was an alien in disguise.

Back