Review in The Guardian!!

Short, but sweet, given that it includes this sentence:

The variety is only one of the pleasures on offer; others are the fully rounded, if not always likable, characters, and Whates's knack for taking stories in unexpected directions.

Congratulations on getting a review at all; that it's a good one must be very gratifying.

Excellent, Ian.

"Fully rounded...character(s)", eh? Autobiographical? :p

101708axtpfcjc5yzj5.gif
Congratulations Ian!
25164ym8xd4utjzzw5.gif

Thanks, Ursa and Shadow Trooper... and Py, (autobiographical, whatever could you mean?? :rolleyes:).

Have to confess, it's a good way to start a weekend! :)

Congrats :)

Cheers! So that will be a free 'review' copy for each of us on here then?

Congratulations, Ian - great exposure! And in case you forget to send all of us free review copies :D, can you remind me how to get a copy... :)

Many thanks everybody. :)

Free copies...? Wish I could. As for buying the book, I'd love to point you towards the website, Patrick, but unfortunately it's down at present. If anybody is interested in a copy, please PM me and I'll arrange a special 'Chronicles Member' discount! :cool:

Belated thanks, Omphalos..

And, Australia, Procrastinator? Of course, despite the Ashes... I don't bear a grudge, honest. :rolleyes:

Oh, and ehm, a second review has just been posted, even more generous in its praise than the first! :) This one's on the SFCrowsnest site.
The Gift Of Joy by Ian Whates

Guess I must have done something right.

Congratulations, Ian, that's a great way for your career to head and it looks like a good read, too.

Well done.

Back