Like X-Men what power would you like to have if you could...?

Heck Tate

The Fleet Footed
I'd like some sort of power over time, but not like the strangely limited power over space/time that Hiro has in Heroes. For instance, I'd like to be able to make time stop, fast forward, or rewind for the whole world or 1 particular object. No need to teleport when you can freeze the whole world, walk wherever you wanted to go in the first place, and unfreeze it, thereby making it seem like your journey occurred instantaneously.

Starbeast, I would also like the ability to fly, but it seems unpractical to have simply to get around other modes of transportation. In this case why not just have Blink's power to travel anywhere the mind can think of instantly?

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
I want to fly like an eagle

Starbeast, I would also like the ability to fly, but it seems unpractical to have simply to get around other modes of transportation. In this case why not just have Blink's power to travel anywhere the mind can think of instantly?

I would just like to glide up high through the air where no one can bother me, just like in my dreams. Plus I wouldn't have to pay those greedy car manufacturers and dispicable oil companies a penny of my hard earned money. They can go to hell with their profits.

Up up, and Away..................! :D

devilsgrin

flight IS a nice power... but it puts you right where everyone can see (and shoot) you... add in a nice force field, it could help you get away from it all Starbeast

Starbeast

Benevolent Galaxy Being
Or flying and invisibility, although you might get blindsided by planes.

I'd be like a bug hitting a windsheild. Ouch!

pilot: "What hit us?"

co-pilot: "A big bug."

pilot: "Roger that, activating windsheild fluid and wiper blades."

co-pilot: "Eew, you're smearing him."

pilot: "Roger that, using more fluid."

Interference

Destroyer of Words
I can already fly and my telekinesis is developing nicely, thank, you, so I guess I'd like Cyke's eye-beams, next :)

devilsgrin

I can already fly and my telekinesis is developing nicely, thank, you, so I guess I'd like Cyke's eye-beams, next :)

funny you should mention powers you already have... My Own powers... particularly precognition are nicely developing as well.

Oochillyo

I would have Healing like Wolverine :) and then if I can have two powers I would have Sonic Scream too like Banshee :)

Can heal from things plus if I crash into a tree or dont fly too well healing will help :) and then if I had a family I could scare off or hurt any robbers hearing with my Sonic Scream and alert my family at the same time :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Oochillyo

Wolverine's healing factor, hands down. Who wants to look old?
hey Guttersnipe how are you :)

Its soo cool :) my fav character too :) and hopefully through Science we get close or exact healing powers some day would be awesome and change a lot about life and how things function :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Oochillyo

Telepathy. You would be able to learn so much from communicating with the minds of other people.

hey Anne Spackman how are you :)

It would be very cool and a game changer like just to know for sure what people are thinking though it can come with draw backs.

If only people were more open or willing to be open about what their thinking, feelings ect without you having to question are they hiding something (in some cases of-course) would be nice though :) and 'mind reading' may be use to help people who cant speak or have some mental struggle though technology has come a long way to fixing those struggles which is great :)

It would be good to know the villains plan or just people in general in real life, do you think they are trying to trick you, to know a secret password or remember the gift they like by just reading their mind and again technology is getting close to allowing us to start reading the mind but in the sense of picturing and understanding the brain signals we have when we are dreaming though I think 'mind reading' to a basic level at the moment is something Scientists are working to solve.

From the YouTube Channel Vsauce :)

Science Friction is a super ha :) channel for this types of topic he explains the real life Science how are close we are and fundamentally how we may get some Powers someday though Science :)

Took me ages to find this channel again cause its an oldie but a goodie as they say tried every 'how to get super powers' variation and just found a bunch of videos where they say they can tell you how to get powers luckily I remembered the Youtuber's name Rusty Ward :)

So like many Sci Fi powers we may be on the verge of cracking and having some of them :)

How do you all think having 'powers' would change your life, people around you and the world maybe pick a few powers and think about and or discuss it here realistically not like if I had fire powers I would burn everyone and take over the world but more like down to earth.

Take care everyone :)

Regards - Declan Sargent

Bramandin

Science fiction fantasy
When I was playing an X-men roleplaying game, I chose being able to turn into animals. I think there might be an official Marvel mutant who can do that. GM kept questioning if I remembered to take the abilities of the animal when I shapeshifted into it, I kept having to remind him that I couldn't shapeshift into an animal without taking on its abilities.

In one scene, I noticed that luck-guy was going to get hurt if he didn't let go of the wall he was clinging to. I was a bat, probably because it was dark, so I latched onto his face and began squeaking. I was also an orangutan and there was a communication problem.

I think that I was going for a Nightcrawler ripoff that looked like a displacer beast, but there was some sort of caveat about the way the character was set up that I didn't like.

IRL, I think I would want the ability to make machines malfunction, especially surveillance equipment, but also be able to make ATM puke out the money. I would want the ability to shut my power off while playing video games and surfing the web.