The Gathering Storm UK Cover Art

Werthead

Lemming of Discord
Very nice indeed. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the best WoT cover art I've ever seen:

9781841492414.jpg

certainly better than the badly proportioned figures on the paperbacks i used to have. crikey, but they were ropey.

How about that? A cover that matches the title, and that is artistic and balanced, evocative, and doesn't look like a comic book from 1964. Are they still going to stick those of us in North America with some piece of crap, or do we get one of these decent British covers?

How about that? A cover that matches the title, and that is artistic and balanced, evocative, and doesn't look like a comic book from 1964. Are they still going to stick those of us in North America with some piece of crap, or do we get one of these decent British covers?

Piece of crap :) I think I put the mock-up of the US cover art on another thread on the final book, the one with Rand disco-dancing in front of a haunted house. Apparently the final cover isn't too far off that, ridiculously.

Werthead, you posted this "piece of crap" in the thread about the book being split:

the_gathering_1-197x300.jpg

For some weird reason, US publishers think that we in North America will be more inclined to buy books with barf like THIS on the cover. I think that Rand's leg is broken, and his left hand is cut off. I guess the UK cover is not so imaginative, but c'mon! It is at least attractive, and grown up.

TOR, and Mr. Doherty: Please fire this artist. Now, before it is too late. This series has suffered enough indignity already.

I think I like this cover. Nice and simple, and a vast improvement on the North American cover, in my opinion.:)

Sorry guys I guess I'm just bitter, but it'll take more than a good cover to save this series....:( :rolleyes:

I see where you're coming from, but the bad covers certainly aren't helping any.