City of Ships is "finished"

Dear mary,
i've seen the new cover and i think it's really beautiful.I look forwards to read City of Ships.
Is it possible to know the plot?
Thanks for your answer, Martina

Isabel is the younger by ten minutes of twins and feels her brpther Charlie is always ahead of her in the world. She strives not to draw attention to herself.

Her talisman, a bag of silver mosaic tesserae, takes her to Classe (=Ravenna) where her Stravagante is Flavia a market trader. But Flavia has a secret.

Meanwhile, Arianna discovers that a warfleet of the Gate People is massing in the East and is intending to form a very dangerous alliance to invade the coastal cities of north Talia.

That's as much as I'm going to say but there's a pirate, a sea-battle, a land-battle, some deaths, two funerals and a wedding!

Thank you very much for your answer, Mary. I think that City of Ships will be fantastic even if I'm a bit worried about the deaths and funerals. However now i'm looking forward to read it and I'm sure I'll love it like the other stravaganza's books.

When I got City of Flowers, I happened to accidentally open it at the last page and when my eyes fell on the words I just about started hyperventilating and I sat down and read it(the book) in 1 and a half hours. I wonder what I'll do when I get to the actual wedding.

Oh my god, I was so glad when I found this website! I'm from Finland so my English can be very bad sometimes, sorry >.<

Mary, I love Stravaganza all my heart<33 City of Masks and City of Stars are my favourites, but I really like City of Flowers and City of Secrets too. My favourite character of all is Rodolfo for some reason ^^"

I'm afraid of City of Ships will take a long time before it'll be translated into Finnish but no worry, then I just read it in English. Even if my written English is very bad I understand English very well if anyone understands what I mean.

By the way, my native language homework was to read some book and write a letter for book's protagonist. I read City of Masks & Stars again and I'm now writing letter for Lucien and Georgia.

I'm looking forward City of Ships and the sixth book (sorry, forgot the name already >.<)<33
Love, Emilia~~

And why the hell I just have to write such long messages everytime T____T So much words but so little smart thoughts to say.

Oh my god, I was so glad when I found this website! I'm from Finland so my English can be very bad sometimes, sorry >.<

Mary, I love Stravaganza all my heart<33 City of Masks and City of Stars are my favourites, but I really like City of Flowers and City of Secrets too. My favourite character of all is Rodolfo for some reason ^^"

I'm afraid of City of Ships will take a long time before it'll be translated into Finnish but no worry, then I just read it in English. Even if my written English is very bad I understand English very well if anyone understands what I mean.

By the way, my native language homework was to read some book and write a letter for book's protagonist. I read City of Masks & Stars again and I'm now writing letter for Lucien and Georgia.

I'm looking forward City of Ships and the sixth book (sorry, forgot the name already >.<)<33
Love, Emilia~~

And why the hell I just have to write such long messages everytime T____T So much words but so little smart thoughts to say.

I'm so glad you like them so much, Emilia! My editor was kind enough to say that Ships is her favourite so far. Stars is just very slightly my favourite and like you I like Rodolfo best.

All good wishes

Mary

I'm not sure which one is my favourite. I love them all. I think it might be City of Stars though. And, out-of-the-blueish-ly(is that a word? who cares, i just made it up) enough, do you ever get the feeling that YOU JUST DON'T KNOW?? I'm always get teased by my dad because, when he asks me something,like "Do you like our new car?" (By the way, I love it dad, THANKS!!) or "did you like the movie? I usually just go "I dunno." And when my geography teacher says that they can improve my mind by involving me in conversations about current affairs, me and my dad both thought that i would probably say "I don't know" wow that was random. im sorry. i say really odd things some times. i'll try to stop that.

Wow! OMGosh!! Is it good? Does the cover look nice? How long is it?

Less than a month left until I get to get it myself!:D

I do hope you live in the UK A_1_13! Have just found out that US publication isn't till 1st July.

WOW!! I am so glad that i live in the UK! I feel so sorry for all you guys out there that live in the US. If I were you, I would see if I could order it off the UK Amazon website and get it shipped over there. Probably can't though.

Do they change the spelling in the american version? You know, 'mum' to 'mom' and all that. Or is US English an UK English so similar that they don't bother. I know that that is the case for some books, but you can't help wondering.

WOW!! I am so glad that i live in the UK! I feel so sorry for all you guys out there that live in the US. If I were you, I would see if I could order it off the UK Amazon website and get it shipped over there. Probably can't though.

Do they change the spelling in the american version? You know, 'mum' to 'mom' and all that. Or is US English an UK English so similar that they don't bother. I know that that is the case for some books, but you can't help wondering.

No, I think the American text is the same but it comes out in hardback in the US. City of Secrets is just out there in paperback.

No, I think the American text is the same but it comes out in hardback in the US. City of Secrets is just out there in paperback.

Oh. I know that sometimes, when I read books that are in US English, I have to keep reminding myself that they are all talking in an American accent. It just brings it more to life. it is really wierd though, because I don't know how they talk exactly. And don't you think that fiction books can be very informative? I mean, I used to read these fantasy books about stars and stuff, and one day, I was able to use the information I had gotten from that in some sort of trivia test. And the very little Italian that I have learned from Stravagnza, is helping me in Spanish, e.g., Benvenuto in Italian is practically the same in Spanish. It is very interesting, don't you think?

Anna

Does anyone know the release date for COS for Australia? Because I'm really excited for it but have no idea when its coming out. Thanks:confused::)

Nice to read all of these enthousiastic reactions about de stravaganza series. I'm from Holland and i'm looking forward to read the city of ships. Does anyone know when it will be released in the Netherlands? I hope it will be as good as the first three books. The city of secrets isn't my favorite. Anyway, on this moment I am re-reading the serie so that's why I found this forum. I can assure the younger readers that it's no problem if it takes a lot of time before all the books are written. I'm 30 years old and I still enjoy (re)reading the stravaganza series!

Hi!
I just finished city of ships yesterday and loved it, which was great since I wasn't too keen on secrets. I won't say anything spoilery since it seems like there's lots on here who won't have read it yet. Though I will say I did love seeing some characters again who we hadn't seen in secrets.

I do have a rather weirdly specific question general to the series concerning Luciano and Nick. When Nick is in London does he have their accent, or a Talian/Italian one? And when Luciano is in Talia does he have their accent instead of his old one? Then when they visit their old worlds do their accents switch back (so Luciano would have a british one, Nick a Talian) or not? I know it's a bit of a strange question, but it's something I've been wondering for a while now...

Oh my gosh!! You are soo lucky!! I have just found out that the hardcover version isn't released till JULY!!! Can you believe it?? I have to get it in hardcover so that it matches my other ones.( Don't ask me why, I just do. I swear, I have OCD or something!!) So now I have to wait till JULY!! I can't believe it!! I mean, what have I ever done to deserve this!! I even read the prologue on the Stravaganza website accidently, and now I even more impatient to read it!!

:(

Oh gosh, July!! That sucks, I don't think I could wait that long! I hate knowing that the book is out there being read by people who are not me. I get what you mean about matching though, one of my friends is the exact same way. All of her books in a series HAVE to match or she's not a happy camper.

I understand her her entirely.

I have decided to get it from the library soon, and read it until July.

I just had mine shipped from the UK and it came two days ago. I'm in Canada so that's not so bad. I definitely want the hardcover as well though!