City of Ships is "finished"

Well, it isn't really finished till it's published but I've sent it to my agent. And she will pass it on to my editor next week I hope.

At last I can tidy up all the heaps of paper, files and books in my study. And the sun is still shing here, just about!

Mary

Congratulations Mary! Good luck with the tidying! Too bad you can't get the elves to help!

Hooray! not only does my agent like City of Ships, my editor has already read it (an all-time record for quick response from her - less than a week) and "loves" it!

So that is good news for me and I hope the editing task won't be too great. It was a nightmare on Troubadour but that was a specially complicated book.

That's great news, congratulations! Can't wait to read it. :)

So in your other stravaganza books have any major ideas been ever edited out? And if your editor asked you to get rid of something that you really liked, would keep it in anyway?
I'm sure that doesn't happen to often though!

That's great news, congratulations! Can't wait to read it. :)

So in your other stravaganza books have any major ideas been ever edited out? And if your editor asked you to get rid of something that you really liked, would keep it in anyway?
I'm sure that doesn't happen to often though!

No, never! I did have a problem with the language used by some of the teenagers in Secrets (see thread City of Secrets edited for swearing) but in the end they let me keep I think all of the phrases, though I did change "bummer" to "downer" (not really swearing, that one).

To be fair, although the editing process sometimes drive me mad, they do always say that in the end it's up to me whether I accept a change or not.

Mary

Hooray! not only does my agent like City of Ships, my editor has already read it (an all-time record for quick response from her - less than a week) and "loves" it!

So that is good news for me and I hope the editing task won't be too great. It was a nightmare on Troubadour but that was a specially complicated book.

That is great news, Mary. Many congrats. I look forwards to reading it very much.

I'm looking forward to this book so much! Is it out in April? I got City of Secrets for Christmas and I finished it in about two days. Well done for writing a brilliant book again! I'm sure City of Ships will be another sucess for you and I look forward to reading it!

I'm looking forward to this book so much! Is it out in April? I got City of Secrets for Christmas and I finished it in about two days. Well done for writing a brilliant book again! I'm sure City of Ships will be another sucess for you and I look forward to reading it!

Publication day in the UK is March 1st but I don't know about the US. If you are there, try the Bloomsbury USA website.

So glad you liked Secrets!

Publication day in the UK is March 1st but I don't know about the US. If you are there, try the Bloomsbury USA website.

So glad you liked Secrets!

wow thats earlier than I thought it was! Yeah I'm in the UK so I'll be off to some bookshop to find it in when it gets to March =)

And here, I hope, is the jacket!

Attachments

• City of Ship Revise c#D6FA0.jpg
    City of Ship Revise c#D6FA0.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 11,637
Dear mary,
i've seen the new cover and i think it's really beautiful.I look forwards to read City of Ships.
Is it possible to know the plot?
Thanks for your answer, Martina