People in the Drenai or Rigante books that touched your heart the most.

This could take a while.....

Druss
Jaim Greymauch
Serbitar
Angel
Jon Shannow
Riamafada (sp?)

Theres probably loads smaller characters I could add if I thought about it, you know the ones who sacrificed themselfs to save others. Thats what DG was good at, making you connect with his characters.

Apart from the obvious like druss and serbitar I always liked pagan. He sacrificed his quest and his life for those kids. And killed like 20 joinings. Which is still a record!

You could expand this to other series. I once met David and he asked me my favorite work. It was knights of dark renown. Manannan is such a good character. More rounded than most. Inner demons and all. Buy so determined to do the right thing. Gutted at the end. I asked David whether he fancied a sequel and he wrote morningstar about a year later, but I don't think it stacks up. And culain of course...everyone loves Lancelot.

Connavar(Duh ! :))
Jaim
Druss
Maev
Ruthain
Pagan
Waylander
Raimfada
Rek
Huntseeker
Rage
Manannan
Bane
Tenaka Khan
Decado
Nuada

Jon Shannow isnt in Rigante or Drenai world....

I think Pagan's sacrifice for the children in King beyond the gate stands out the most for me. I've read all his novels and there are plenty in every novel, but after getting Pagan's back story about the sacrifice of his warriors on a big bonfire, and his many children. He then does the most amazing battle against a significant number of Joinings, for a bunch of children he initially feels he's been lumbered with....
Jaim Grymauch's death in Ravenheart also stands out
Feargol's family getting killed by the bear and the frozen child in the tree scene from Stormrider too