Which villains for Spider-Man 4?

jayce77

Spider-man 4 . . .

Summary: Unknown at this time , But rumors circulating sugest we might finally see the Amazing Spider-man battle Dr. Curt Conners alter ego: the Lizard and the vampire creature Morlun . . . .

Director: Sam Rammi - returninng (rumor)
Cast: TBA
Writter: TBA
Producer: Avi Arad

Re: Spider-man 4 . . .

Rumor: Morlun Spider-man 4 villian?
According to a reliable source over at Cinema Blend, the villian that's getting the most cosideration is Morlun...

4739.jpg

Morlun first appeared in “Amazing Spider-Man” comics in 2001.
“Morlun is a vampiric being who has walked the earth for centuries. He feeds on the totems-- the core power sources of the universe. While he can feed on lesser sources such as humans and super humans, he requires a pure source to fully satiate his hunger.”
Till now most of Spidey’s enemies in the
films have been more well traveled, classic faces from his extensive rogues gallery, but Morlun is relatively new to Peter Parker’s universe . . . . .

You have to love how the third one isn't even out yet, and despite that there's already talk of the fourth movie. Especially since most of the cast probably won't even be returning for it... Can't complain really, as a comics fan I should be happy that comic book character movies are doing so well... but still I can't help but wonder.

Indeed, since most of the cast won't be returning, it will have a different feel. i think they should leave it, as i can see a fourth one being overkill.

if Raimi is at the helm, i might be less sceptical.

i can't see how Morlun would work in the movies, as he was more of a gimmick in the comics then anything else to allow the writers to give spidey his new powers. his presence coincided with the controversial totem stories and he killed spider-man. he is relitively Spider-man's version of Doomsday or Bane. Plus he was atomised twice in the comics, and his first resurrection was never explained.

The best villians have been used, i can only see the next films being a dissapointment. and i love the spider-man franchise.

What about the Kingpin? There's been no Kingpin yet.

Wah?! But surely Kingpin is more relevant to Spiderman than the Daredevil... damn.

Who owns the X-Men rights, out of interest? And the Fantasic Four? In fact, add Captain America into that, too.

I'm just thinking of that set of animated episodes where all of these heroes were transported to a planet, as well as the baddies, and all were set against each other in a giant game of chess.

That could be a very interesting live action film.

Wah?! But surely Kingpin is more relevant to Spiderman than the Daredevil... damn.

Even though Kingpin started in the Spider-man comics, Daredevil has fought him on many occasions and Kingpin has become Daredevil's biggest (no pun intended :) ) adversary, as Daredevil has very few memorable villians.

Who owns the X-Men rights, out of interest? And the Fantasic Four? In fact, add Captain America into that, too.

X-men, F4 and Daredevil are 20th Century Fox, Spider-man is Columbia tristar, Captain America is Paramount Pictures.

I'm just thinking of that set of animated episodes where all of these heroes were transported to a planet, as well as the baddies,...

You've Just Described Marvel Secret Wars

and all were set against each other in a giant game of chess.

Oh no wait...

:p

Wouldn't it be so much easier if one company owned all the rights? :(

I've just Wiki'd it, and it is Secret Wars that I'm on about. I can remember from the TV episodes that Spiderman seemed to be the leader, nad had a chess board with goodies and baddies on... in fact, maybe it wasn't Spiderman, but I know someone did.

The X-Men trilogy has come to a close (not seen the last film yet, though, so I don't know if there's anything that might lead on to a fourth), the Spiderman trilogy is coming to a close, with plans to make a fourth film, The Hulk is being remade, a new F4 film is coming out.

I just thought it would be nice if there were a live action version of [what I now know is] Marvel Secret Wars. :p

i agree with you, it would be awesome. i'd love to see secret wars made into a movie. if it will ever happen, it would most likey be an Animated film, like the Ultimate Avengers. but Marvel being the greedy company they are sell the rights to whoever gets there first.

The TV secret wars was from the Spider-man Animated show, and was loosely based on the comics. i don't remember much of it, was the chess board to do with the 'Beyonder'?

if you havn't and you get the chance, give the comic a go. its a terrific read. its got Captain America, The F4, The X-men, Wolverine, Hulk, Avengers, Doom, Galactus, Doc Ock, and Spidey all on the same artificial planet.

Secret Wars was originally a comic series produced by Marvel in the early eighties, and went on to create a Secret Wars II which was set on Earth. I believe the UK and US editions differed slightly due to it only coming out ever 2nd week in US (was also how spidey got his black costume according to the comic books i believe). A movie would be cool as the first series of comic books were excellent, especially when Spidey has a little brawl with the X-Men (childhood memories here, so may be viewing through tinted glasses :) ). Unlikely we would get live action though and if so certainly not with the current list of actors appearing in Marvel movies.

As a side note in addition to the Wolverine and Magento spin offs I believe Captain America (2009), Thor (2009) and Sub-Mariner (2008 - Director confirmed on IMDB as Jonathon Mostow (T3 among others) have all been given green lights to fill the gap left by Spider-man and X-men.

Hi, I'm a newbie here so go easy on me. Well, it seems we'll get Spidey 4 in 2011. Sam Raimi has apparently said that he wants to do Morbius, which would be kind cool if they did him in a Connor-McLeod-but-vampire kinda way. I would love to see Mysterio as an embittered screenwriter who decides to take his creation to the extreme. Also, you could have Cletus Kasedy in it and seeing as Spidey 4 and 5 are being shot similtaiously, how about Spidey is trying to track down Kasedy until at the end Kasedy steals a red symbiote of all-time from some science place and then becomes Carnage, but this time, lets make Carnage own rather than suck as he usually does. Make it look like he could really wipe the floor with Venom.

So who should be the villain in Spider-Man 4? Your thoughts please.

Welcome to the Chrons Face_Of_Moe :D

Not sure of the main villain (Carnage maybe?), but I thought the Lizardman would be in it as the character of Dr Curt Conners has been introduced in Spiderman 2 and also made an appearancew in S3.

Kraven could also be a character (going after Lizardman).

What about the Kingpin as the main foe, with several of the lesser villains under his direction?

yeh, that'd be pretty cool. they could do it in an x3 style way with everone under his power ...but not as lame as x3

Electro was always one of my favorites. Punisher was an early nemesis, too, but since he has his own movie already, Marvel would have to be further along in their crossover plan than they currently are....Kingpin already was in Daredevil (Didn't they "killed" him off, if I remember correctly, not that people necessarily stay dead in Marvel's universe?). Mysterio is a good choice too, FoM.

Welcome from me, as well. If so inclined, stop by the Introductions thread and tell us more about yourself....

Electro would be brilliant. Who'd play him? I think Zachary Quinto would be pretty good.