Tad`s new series of noir fantasy thrillers

Olaf

This just in from yesterday's Publishers Marketplace:

Tad Williams's SLEEPING LATE ON JUDGMENT DAY, HAPPY HOUR IN HELL, and ANGELS RUSH IN, a new urban fantasy series about an afterlife investigator, who searches for a missing soul and finds himself caught in a battle much larger than he could have imagined, to Betsy Wollheim at Daw, in a major deal, by Matt Bialer at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates (NA).

More via sfscope.com:

Tad Williams starting new fantasy series with DAW
By Ian Randal Strock April 3, 2009

Tad Williams sold a new urban fantasy series to long-time editor Betsy Wollheim at DAW, via agent Matt Bialer of Sanford J. Greenburger Associates.

Bialer's assistant, Lindsay Ribar, says that "as this is his first urban fantasy series, each book will be significantly shorter than his usual epic fantasy fare."

In the series, "Doloriel is an angel. He doesn't know who he used to be back on Earth, but now he works as an afterlife investigator for the Heavenly Host, making sure the souls being judged haven't inflated their claims. It's a minor job, but a cool one, since it means he often gets to go back to Earth to investigate, wearing a body and calling himself Bobby Dollar—or Bobby D. Doloriel's latest assignment as Bobby D is supposed to be routine: figure out what happened to a recently disappeared soul, finish the paperwork, and make it look good for the folks upstairs. But a series of not-so-coincidental encounters—including one with a terribly attractive demon named Sennaie—makes him sure that there's more at stake here than one missing soul.

"Knowing that he's in over his head, Bobby D tries to pull out, but his bosses won't let him. Somehow, his identity—more specifically, his identity from his former life back on Earth—is the key to the entire mystery, and he has to find out who he was before he becomes an unwitting pawn in a game of power that could end in the destruction of the entire human race."

More Tad....

*drools*

A reasonable exchange for the bad news that Shadowrise wouldn't be out until Spring of next year, Olaf! ;)

I like any good urban fantasy. The premise sound interesting. Alittle like Liz Williams's Snake Agent series.

Nothing more for this on Penguin/DAW, Amazon, brief searches elsewhere....:(

Don't forget we still have Dragons Of Ordinary Farm coming out in June, Shadowrise late this year and the cool new PC game next year based on the Otherland books, so not too bad.

Just a quick reminder that Book 1 of this series in being released in just over a month's time.

Interesting! I like Tad when not doing high fantasy. War of the Flowers is my favorite of his books, hopefully this while have a nice modern flair similar to that.

Interesting! I like Tad when not doing high fantasy. War of the Flowers is my favorite of his books, hopefully this while have a nice modern flair similar to that.
It's interesting you should say that. Funnily enough I think Tad's most accomplished work so far is still is high fantasy Memory, Sorrow and Thorn but his most intersting projects were, despite its flaws, the Otherland quartert and the stand-alone War of the Flowers...:)

Hi!My name is Dmitrii Kretov.I became Tad Williams fun in 2002 when found Memory, Sorrow and Thorn. This year I was abroad and met another guy who likes Tad Williams books. I live in Russia. I never knew how to write interesting letter but if somebody will invite me to his country I will be glad to speak about books.