Book about dragons... seeing the world through dragon's eyes...

ok so this book i read it a few years ago... all i remember is that the main character and a companion had to sleep inside a dead dragon's body to survive a freezing cold night, and when they wake up the next morning they realize they can see the world as dragons see it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sounds familiar ... CS Lewis' Voyage of the Dawn Treader ?. Eustace falls asleep in the dragon's hoard and awakes a dragon. Had put a bracelet on that bit into his dragon arm.

I don't think he had a companion though

Last edited:
No, I know they didn't turn into dragons, although that sounds like an interesting read. They could just see in more colors, and it had something to do with how baby dragons were born and they had a special kind of sight or something...? I don't remember for sure, but it was like that. I would be convinced it was an Anne McCaffrey book, except her dragons go "between" when they die, so how could there have ben a body..? but it was sort of similar to her style.
I'll keep searching, but I hope someone on this site knows what book i'm talking about! :)

That does sound like one of the lesser known (or newer) Anne McCaffrey's, where the protagonist is the first human to learn about the psychic bond with dragons/fire-lizards and realises she can see their IR-style view of the world. And possibly go between.

(searching)

Dragon's Kin (by Anne and Todd) [okay, it was watch-whers, not fire-lizards]

The Dragon and the George - Gordon Dickson, transported through a portal ending up in the dragon's body who's name was Gorbash.

Thanks for the responses guys, but I figured out which book I'm looking for-- It's the second in a series called Pit Dragon Chronicles by Jane Yolen. I'm going to the library ASAP to get all of them! Wheeeeeeeeee!

sigh, that one I knew. just been pulled away from forums. rumor has it there's a fourth supposed to come out, or already did. haven't read it yet.

Back