Rides a Dread Legion *SPOILERS*

3 Words people.

Macros The Black.

I hope not, sick of him coming back. He was a cool character but hes been supposedly dead like three times now. btw I agree Cayal, I want to see Tomas Unleashed. I won't be surprised if Calis starts appearing more.

Was happy with this book, really enjoyed the demon summoners and hope that we have to see Tomas in full battle mode next time round, the horde is obviously going to get to Midkemia and it could be a very impressive campaign. I personally felt Miranda's death was a little shocking ! Wouldn't have expected a mage of such prowess to fall so easily, if she'd have died to the big guy then maybe but an imp?! nah come on that doesn't do her justice (even if she was annoying sometimes lol)

She didn't get killed by an Imp - she got killed by a full on Battle Demon.

And can anyone see any similarities between the old man that saved Sandreena's life, and the old woman who helped Kaspar?

He seemed VERY mysterious. Perhaps it was Kalkin keeping her alive? Maybe it was Ishap, The God of Balance?

Apparently he had been there 'a long time' - What do you guys think?

She didn't get killed by an Imp - she got killed by a full on Battle Demon.

And can anyone see any similarities between the old man that saved Sandreena's life, and the old woman who helped Kaspar?

He seemed VERY mysterious. Perhaps it was Kalkin keeping her alive? Maybe it was Ishap, The God of Balance?

Apparently he had been there 'a long time' - What do you guys think?

I doubt ushap, I think its just some ordinary human. I coudnt remember any old woman who helped Kaspar, your thinking of the one that helped Caleb in FotN

Nope, I am definitely thinking of Arch Indar (the woman) - it was back when Kaspar was hauling the Talnoy (under the Geas) in Exile's Return.

She came along, lifted the compulsion, and helped him by giving him a gold coin.

Don't forget, Ishap is still returning as is Arch Indar. She was an old woman, who 'died' after helping him, as was the old man who 'died' after helping Sandreena.

Does that help?

I remeber now, the old woman didn't die though, she just vanished.

Mmmm, just finished this one after borrowing it off a mate (refused to buy it until was sure it was any good). Must say I enjoyed it, plenty of new characters like the elf brothers etc to freshen things up. Was like others supprised by Miranda's death, I do think death scenes are a big weakness with Fiest, as with other deaths (Nakor and Eric) they seem a bit emotionless, I know she was an annoying character but you'd expect to feel something at her death if not for her directly then for Pug or Magnus. It was like she's dead, people are now sad!

Anyway, as to whos behind the demons, I'm betting its a Dread Lord, who else is powerful enough to play demon king and it explains the wraiths attacking the Quor.

Also enjoyed the way too brief part on the dwarfs, lets hope they return and we get to see them battle the demon horde :)

More elves and long lived magicians:rolleyes: I thought here goes but I have to say this has been the most enjoyable since the Serpent war saga.

Wonder were Tad was though? we pumped into Zane and Jommy but no mention of Tad.

Sandreena I adore, me thinks she could be a potential partner for Magnus.

So Sidi had two brothers.Amirantha, he's a con man who uses the darker side of magic but he's fun and will make an interestng addition to our merry band.

Caleb's death, very disappointing.. Reminded me a little of Locky's. A popular character dying backstage leaving us feeling cheated.

Miranda, not one of my favourite characters but I was saddened by her death.She was a very powerful magician and her talents will be missed.Hopefully when we discover who is behind this latest threat. Magnus' rage will make Pug's display at the great games look like childs play.

I want Tomas to beat the arrogance out of our latest elves they aren't a likeable bunch.

Nope, I am definitely thinking of Arch Indar (the woman) - it was back when Kaspar was hauling the Talnoy (under the Geas) in Exile's Return.

She came along, lifted the compulsion, and helped him by giving him a gold coin.

Don't forget, Ishap is still returning as is Arch Indar. She was an old woman, who 'died' after helping him, as was the old man who 'died' after helping Sandreena.

Does that help?

Yeash and there was an old woman that helped Jazzhara, james and william in tear of the gods, and at the end sidi was angry at her. :)

I just read this and thought - okay ...
I've read all his other work, and it seems to be getting a bit ... diluted. The book ai short enough to read in a few hours, luckily I found it in the library. With past series I was slavering for more, but with this one ... um ...
It was good, but none of the truly big battles, none of the militaria that Feist is usally good for. Magicians discussing magic, and then doing stuff seems a bit bland in comparison.
I'll still read the next one - have to - but with the news that the series will be coming to an end soon (a few years), there doesn't seem to be much passion!

Just finished it today and loved it-not as much as the Serpentwar (favourite so far), but good nonetheless. Personally, I would like to see the Saaur again, they were cool. I really liked Arimantha and the Taredhel (I loved the part when Tomas' mere presence humbled the arrogant bastards).

And does anyone remember Nakor's religious order?
Yeah, it was wierd how after the Serpentwar they just vanished from the books... I hope we see them again.

I finished the book yesterday. I did enjoy reading it but it really left me feeling kind of like I didnt care one way or another. Feist does have a hard time with death scenes...there was no build up...just a quick killing off of Miranda and Caleb/Maria...I guess just to get rid of some minor characters and not have to deal with them. Miranda's death is probably meant to fuel Pug's anger and make revenge first and foremost.

I didnt really feel any connections to the new characters. And I really don't know that they had to introduce a whore turned Knight into the story??? Kind of strange. And sometime it would be nice to actually get any sort of emotion from a major character. Tomas is about as emotional as dirt.

Tomas is as emotion al dirt (except for magician,aDaS and Exiles return) because he has nothing to be emotional about. Thats another problem I have, Feists crappy excuse for Tomas not being present is his stupid oath. It would make alot more sense if he simply said he was fighting Demons, or was investigating something and could not be reached (like when he was interviewing the Dread in WoaMG).

hiii first of all i just wanted to say that ive always been a huge fan of the riftwar books.. and when i read the latest one Rides A Dread Legion all i could think of was world of warcraft.

i know this sounds incredibly lame because most people hate that game, but i played a warlock class in world of warcraft and alot of the references to warlocks in this book seems like its come from warcraft which i think is pretty funny.
i dont really want to go into alot of detail about all that (cause its warcraft and its terrible to talk about lol) but one big similarity is the fact that a warlocks first pet in warcraft is a imp.. and in the book its explained that the imps are the first type of demon they managed to summon and control.

theres a lot of other little things that just make it seem like raymond or someone working with him on creating his universe for his books has played world of warcraft at some stage.

im not saying thats a bad thing because i love the whole idea of a warlock and this whole book is basically about warlocks so its awesome for me :D

anyways its good to find a forum just talking about the riftwar series its awesome and i look forward to the rest of the series!

Welcome to the Chrons. I am a huge fan of the Riftwar books as well. I have never played World of Warcraft so I didnt catch that but it does sound kind of odd now that you say that. Fiest is always enjoyable although his stories are on the simplistic side of things. I will always read him though

Welcome Steel!

I'm still not sure about this new series at all; I haven't reread the book yet but from what I can remember the story seemed very rushed. There were a lot of new characters introduced and Feist has seemed to revert back to his old moral of creating characters that seem to be overpowering