Farseer Trilogy

Chezdon

Hi,

I've just finished the Farseer Trilogy. I've come on the web to talk about it, and the first thing I see is that there is another 3 books?

Are they in first person as Fitz again?

I'd love to read another 3, I felt that the ending was quite weak and thought more should have been revealed.

I didn't like the fact that in the 3rd book that was 850 pages long, a good 400 pages were a journey to find Verity. The final battle was 30 pages. Qutie disappointing.

Please don't spoil it, but do the next 3 books kick off where this one finished?

The 2nd book was by far my favourite. I also thought it was strange to refer to Fitz as an assasin - he's pretty much anything but! He gets beaten up for half the book and assasinates about 2 people!

There are two more trilogies in the series. The second trilogy is called The Liveship Traders and is set in and around the trading port of Bingtown and is told from a multiple first person view. Only one character from the Farseer Trilogy features. The third trilogy - The Tawny Man - picks up 15 years after the events of the Farseer Trilogy and features all the original characters from those books as well as a return to the single point of view of Fitz.

You could skip The Liveship Traders and go straight to the final trilogy without missing much, but I recommend reading them in order. Not only are they an excellent read in themselves, but events in the second trilogy impact on the third.

The explanation for Forging and the OutIslanders motives are dealt with more thoroughly in The Tawny Man series.

I see. Thanks for the quick reply.

There were so many unanswered questions - I mean, we didn't get anything from the viewpoint of the raiders. But that's the problem with 1st person and it being told as the character is writing it - it's only from Fitz's point of view.

I'll probably read the Liveship Traders then, although I just started another Trilogy - Otori books. Hopefully I'll still remember it all though.

I'd love to read another 3, I felt that the ending was quite weak and thought more should have been revealed.

I didn't like the fact that in the 3rd book that was 850 pages long, a good 400 pages were a journey to find Verity. The final battle was 30 pages. Qutie disappointing.

Hell yes! One of the most disappointing aspects of the whole series. Bugged the hell out of me. Seemed liked her publishers got the better of her in trying to keep the length down

I also thought it was strange to refer to Fitz as an assasin - he's pretty much anything but! He gets beaten up for half the book and assasinates about 2 people!

Yeah I noticed that too. Guess an "assassin" just sounds so 'mysterious' and 'different' which may have been why she chose it. Weird.

If you liked her writing do the series in order.

Liveship Traders is a very, very good trilogy. And as was said before, ties into the overall mythos.

The Tawny Man trilogy is awesome, but I don't think it would be as good if you haven't done Liveship.

On my first read of the series I didn't bother with the Liveship Traders and went straight into the Tawny Man trilogy after the Farseer trilogy and the story was fairly seemless. The Liveship Traders is definitely worth a read even if you go straight into the Tawny Man.

On my first read of the series I didn't bother with the Liveship Traders and went straight into the Tawny Man trilogy after the Farseer trilogy and the story was fairly seemless. The Liveship Traders is definitely worth a read even if you go straight into the Tawny Man.

That is what I did as well. I have now read the first Liveship and am waiting to finish Lies of Locke Lamora before I read the other two. In my opinion they are all great so far.

The second trilogy is called The Liveship Traders and is set in and around the trading port of Bingtown and is told from a multiple first person view.

I think it's actually multiple third person point-of-views :)

Yeah, you can pretty much go on to Tawny Man without missing any critical information, but you definitely must read Liveship at some point, simply because it's really good.

- Dreir -

i just finished assassin's quest and i really, really liked it. I can see where the length became an issue but the only part that kind of bogged down to me was after Fitz had reuinited with the fool and everybody else in the mountains. Everything prior to that, where it was just Fitz running around the six dutchies was awesome to me.

About the ending, I don't really get how people are calling it weak. It pretty much tied up everything I wanted it to. For people saying that it left out stuff about the raiders, i mean, the raiders are supposed to be seen as savage murderers and rapists, giving them a motive and stuff would've totally taken away from that. including more about the dragons attacks on the out islands would've been pointless, too, since it was pretty much a slaughter.

i thought everything was wrapped up nicely, and my only real questions fell into the origins of characters.

i havent decided if im gonna go straight the liveship traders or whatever, or switch it up and try another series first.

i didn't like liveships but is' worth it, i guess, to read
i loved the ending of the first triliogy tho. i like sudden stops :)