A Time of Changes, by Robert Silverberg

Omphalos

הדרךקפיצת

Click here to see the book review.

Click here to see the article on this story in my brand new Law and SF blog.

One of the things that I personally like about Robert Silverberg is that he does not harp on an idea too long, and by that I mean that even though he is a prolific author with many, many titles in his back catalog, he really has not written too many sequels in his life. That can be a hard way to go for a SF author. That means that almost every time he or she writes a new story, a new world must be drawn up from scratch. But for those who can do it; those who can come up with ideas that quickly, it can pay off wonderfully over a long career. Before I am done here you will see me write about twenty Silverberg pieces, and only a few of them (Roma Eterna and Majipoor, for example) are multi-story pieces. This week's review is one of Silverberg's most well known stories, A Time of Changes. It is a single-volume story, and quite honestly it is one of the richest SF stories that I have ever encountered. There are some shortcomings in this novel, but nothing worth harping on. In short, it is excellent...Please click here, or on the book cover above, to be taken to the complete review..

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a Silverberg fan and met him in 2007 at WorldCon. I have several of his best known works but I can't say I know this one. Looks like I may need to add it to my 2009 list.

I look forward to your other reviews esp. Majipoor of which I'm a big fan.