Forever Knight: About Last Knight (Spoilers) & Possible Revival

Whitestar

Forever Knight was one of my most favorite shows. The premise about a vampire from the 13th Century, living in the 20th with a conscience is original to say the least. The first season was fairly decent with the characters and setting being established. However, the second season was the best because it was a Knight/Scanke season. Both Geraint Wyn Davies and John Kapelos had great chemistry and worked well off each other. I especially liked how the character of Lacroix developed in the second season. He went from being a one-dimensional bad guy in the first season to a multi-dimensional and complex (even sympatheic and heroic) villan in the second season. The only gripe I have about the second season was the abrupt departure of the character Captain Stonetree being replaced with Captain Cohen, without any explanation whatsoever. The acting of the actress who portrayed Cohen was the show's liability, fortunately it didn't hurt the show itself. This was rectified when she was finally killed off in the third season premiere, much to my delight. I wasn't happy about Scanke being killed along with Cohen, but it was Mr. Kapelos decision to leave the show.

Speaking of the third season, it was definitely the worst. The storylines became boring and silly. The one episode where Knight decides to convert a dog into a vampire is such a classic example. I especially didn't like the fact that FK creator James P. Parriot had set out to systematically kill off nearly all of the cast members, as the third and final season drew to a close. It was an attempt on Mr. Parriot's behalf of getting revenge on the network for canceling the show when it was still so popular. Apparently, he wanted a fourth season, but the network decided to pull the plug. As a result, Mr. Parriot optioned to tie up all the loose ends and finish the show with irrevocable closure. However, after the show ended, Mr. Parriot appeared on the Sci-Fi Channel in a program entitled, "The War Room", along with FK stars Geraint Wyn Davies and Nigel Bennett. The three were being interviewed and discussed about their current projects. At one point during the interview, they were asked about a possible FK movie follow-up to the series. Mr. Parriot responded by saying that he has considered doing a movie continuation of some sort, be it by tv movie or feature film. He appeared to be sincere in his idea of reviving FK when he stated that we never see Lacroix stake Knight, implying that the ending of the final episode, "Last Knight" was conceived as an ambigious ending, as opposed to a permanent one.

This leads to suggests that Mr. Parriot decided to leave the door slightly open for a possible revival. Plus, I think it was his way of saying that Lacroix would never ever kill Knight, his own creation and protege, despite Knight's insistance. I don't believe Lacroix would go through with it because it would go against the character. Knight's reason for wanting to die was because he unintentionally took too much blood from his girlfriend Natalie, after she stated that she wanted to spend eternity with him. But Natalie was not dead yet, for she was in a comatose state and Knight had two choices: transform her into a vampire, or let her die. Knight opted for the latter because he wanted to spare her from the madness of being a vampire. Overwhelmed with grief and guilt, he decided to die because he couldn't live without her.

Anyway, that interview was nearly a decade ago and so far no revival has surfaced. The prospects of seeing a movie continuation shines dimmer and dimmer because it's been many years since the show ended, and the actors are getting older. It's hard to imagine aging actors playing characters who are immortal. Then again, I've recently saw Geraint Wyn Davies and Nigel Bennett in new projects and they both seemed to age well. Let's not forget that the show has a huge fanbase, along with conventions. I think there may be a movie continuation, but I won't hold my breath. (Personally, I think a Battlestar Galatica movie continuation is far more viable.) The only way I can see a revival happening is if James Parriot decides to do a spin-off series, preferable with a femme fatale vampire, along with one or two characters from the original series such as Captain Stonetree and Lacroix. Thoughts anyone?

Whitestar

HOLY HELL!!! They are gonna revisit that??? Like bringing back Highlander (the series)... Not my idea of fun... Especially with the lousy acting in it (Geraint Wyn Davies, GAK!!!)... :D

They should bury that turkey... Sorry if that offends, but the series was dire!!!

If you want a series to resurrect, Kindred - The Masquerade!!! :D Better vampires for a start!!

Kindred was a profoundly better series, with a better script and better actors. They cancelled it because the male lead died...which is quite ironic really..

Tsujigiri said:
Kindred was a profoundly better series, with a better script and better actors. They cancelled it because the male lead died...which is quite ironic really..

I have never heard of that show. Do you know if the aforementioned Kindred has an official website?

Whitestar

I remember that show!! We got it for a while here in the USA in Sci-Fi really late like 11pm. Then they canceled it. For some reason they do that to shows I start watching in the middle. For example, Quantum Leap, Dead Like Me, and Highlander. Though Highlander did last a couple of more seasons when I started watching. The acting was not the best. Kind of stale and wooden for some of those characters, but I love vampires and loved watching the show. The way they ended it was so wrong. Especially since there really hasn't been anything else to see where the story may lead. It was kind of depressing to watch the last episode.

Here are a few hyperlinks for you... Mark Frankel played Julian Luna in the Kindred Series in late 1990's... His career was going great guns, until he had a motorcyle accident and died... The series was taken from a comic series and book series, as I understand it... And was/is an RPG...

http://www.chronicles-network.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3159&highlight=kindred

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0115232/

http://www.mark-frankel.com/kte/

http://www.kindred.blitheweb.co.uk/Cast/markfrankeorange.htm

I have to confess, I did like "Forever Knight", even though I never got to see it regularly. But, do you know that the series actually began as a major network show here in the states, not with the cast discussed here, but with Rick Springfield playing Nick? It only lasted part of a season, I think.

Oh, and for the Master: last Saturday afternoon I happened to catch a movie on one of our local TV stations that starred both Geraint Wyn Davies and Adrian Paul ("Highlander"). It was a bit of a howler, but I thought it was interesting that they had both landed up in the same film.

IIRC this vampier was an American cop who only worked night shifts? I used to love this show when I was doing my GCSEs I'd watch it at Dark O'Clock when I should be revising.

littlemissattitude said:
I have to confess, I did like "Forever Knight", even though I never got to see it regularly. But, do you know that the series actually began as a major network show here in the states, not with the cast discussed here, but with Rick Springfield playing Nick? It only lasted part of a season, I think.

Oh, and for the Master: last Saturday afternoon I happened to catch a movie on one of our local TV stations that starred both Geraint Wyn Davies and Adrian Paul ("Highlander"). It was a bit of a howler, but I thought it was interesting that they had both landed up in the same film.

Actually - CBS carried FK for the first 2 seasons, and USA network pulled out the 3rd (which probably explains cast and storyline changes). The Rick Springfield bit was the 2hour pilot that was completely recast and reshot for the series. It was called "Nick Knight" and it's painful to watch.

I didn't really get into FK until long after it was cancelled - thanks to an RPG friend who promoted it in just the right way --- ;) sneaky friend.

the ending still pisses me off even after all these years

Last edited:
the ending still pisses me off even after all these years

Agreed. It was a wimpy ending and totally out of character. I was hoping that this episode would have been the season finale and in the fourth season, the show would take a very daring new direction by having Natalie transformed into a vampire and join Nick and LaCroix in the life of the undead. I always thought that having Natalie become a vampire was a poetic symbol of replacing Janette, seeing how they always traveled as three. But alas, it was a lost opportunity.