Red Dwarf voyages back to Earth

The temporal mechanics of this are a bit mad, I thought that the special was meant to be set after Series 9and there seems to be the chance for a continuation if some smegger will pick up the series. I hope that this could be the kick-start that it needs for an entire new series to be commissioned.
And yes, ey, chuck, pet, love, sir! I did like he 'northern' accents.

I still missed the audience over these specials though. Apparently it felt weird for them filming on closed sets.

Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but I was hoping for at least some comment as to how they escaped the "other" dimension they were stuck in at the end of the last series. And what happened to the crew?

Plus, wasn't Rimmer back alive again in the last series. Now's he's a hologram again.

I watched the three episodes back to back last night and found myself only mildly amused. I just don't think that Doug Naylor can really do the job on his own. Now if they could get Rob Grant back on the job as well, that would be something.

There was a little too much borrowed as well for my liking.

I finally got around to watching this. I found it strangely charming. It was amusing in parts and interesting (especially for Bladerunner and League of Gentlemen fans). I hope it gets picked up for a new series, I felt that after its hiatus it could easily fill a space.

I thought it was a good effort; it usually takes a series a while to get into full comedic drive, this was pretty good for a cast and crew just out of the hypersleep chamber.

I was really disappointed. I absolutely love Red Dwarf, but this left me cold. I thought the writing was poor, the plot was half-baked and the chemistry between the actors didn't seem to be there any more.

I never thought I'd say this, since I had always hoped they'd make more, but I sort of wish they'd left it as it was, now. And as for the Coronation Street bit...that was truly cringeworthy, IMO.

I think I laughed twice during the whole three episodes. :(

We finally had it aired on ABC2 here in Ozlandia. It was a bit of a disappointment. I felt they could have tried a bit harder with the story line for starters, it jumped wildly between ep 1 and ep 2. I kinda missed the canned laughter as well, shame on me. And as for the comments that Craig Charles hasn't aged, what a load of cobblers. He's put on forty years and forty kilos. I felt that the character of Lister got progressively weaker as Rimmer got stronger, especially in the later seasons. Perhaps the split in the writing team influenced these personalities. Anyway, there were still some good jokes and the Bladerunner parody was good to start off with, but was way way way overplayed. And as for Kochanski? Bring back Clare Grogan I says!

Red Dwarf, is it really the end?

I just watched season nine (finishing the entire series, I became a fan two years ago), I was stunned to only see three chapters listed on Netflix, but I hoped for the best and viewed them. I wasn't disappointed, I could sense that all the people who made the show possible wanted it to go on and gave us a three part adventure dedicated to the fans, which I thought was a nice touch. I like how it ended, leaving it open for a possible chance to continue, or hopefully a movie, but I may be getting my hopes too high.

Anyway, I enjoyed season nine, and I can always start at the beginning and watch the entire fantastic and funny sci-fi show again. :)